ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When do the packets start to calm down?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pokermon
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by Pokermon »

March.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by doorstepped »

first week in January we will get the usual mass posting of the National Trust magazine and yearly handbook.

I wonder if this year they will put the book in the same way as the magazine itself to save me snapping all the magazine spines in putting the bloody thing through the letter boxes or P739'ing them cos the letter box is too small.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by freelunch »

Our parcels are already down. Wednesday last week we were looking at 4 drop-bags per frame, this week 3.
Last Weds/Thurs/Fri we were leaving approx 1 york of parcels and still working 2 hours overtime, this week is noticeably lighter.
I wouldn't be surprised if we're back absorbing by Christmas eve :shock:
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by bustedflush »

Apparently we are lapsing on the Fri/Sat after Boxing day. :sad:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:Apparently we are lapsing on the Fri/Sat after Boxing day. :sad:

even with the DFS D2D s :shock:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:Apparently we are lapsing on the Fri/Sat after Boxing day. :sad:

even with the DFS D2D s :shock:
I hope there's NO door-2-dustbins next week. :shhhhh
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:Apparently we are lapsing on the Fri/Sat after Boxing day. :sad:

even with the DFS D2D s :shock:
I hope there's NO door-2-dustbins next week. :shhhhh
Dfs is a national one I think
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: When do the packets start to calm down?

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:Apparently we are lapsing on the Fri/Sat after Boxing day. :sad:

even with the DFS D2D s :shock:
I hope there's NO door-2-dustbins next week. :shhhhh
Dfs is a national one I think

Thanks for that, something to look forward to after Christmas. :evil/mad :evil/mad

DFS - DON'T F***ING SPAM.... :silenced