ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Today at work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
madelin4
Posts: 1220
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:56

Post by madelin4 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
madelin4 wrote:
mylegshurt wrote:twice the work load for us, just had to take it back[what i couldnt do] madeline you gonna be doing a paula radcliff on your walk.[ think that was her name] stopping for a leak in the middle of her marathon] ps make sure you move ur pouch to one side or youll get soggy mail.lol
:funneh , they will be telling us next thats what we have to do!!!!!
ummm :oops: :oops: embarrased to point out this web site :oops: :oops: you'll think I am a perv. http://www.femalefreedom.ca/
TBT!!! im shocked!! I am a true lady you know... but, hey it was funny..
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Post by POSTMAN »

We're moving work from our last strike last Sat in SE Lon.
Wont touch this backlog for bout a week,if we're lucky
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mylegshurt
Posts: 194
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06

Post by mylegshurt »

quality true blue. hope are manager dont see that as he might buy some out his budget.lol
mylegshurt
Posts: 194
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06

Post by mylegshurt »

not that i agree with it madeline but a couple of hours docket and there you go ,your problem solved.lol see if they adam and alan knickers.
postie28
Posts: 372
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 17:48
Location: in front of me computer supping a can of lager. but shortly going out to the picket line

Post by postie28 »

easy day really. told to prep walk for 1.5 hrs . tie up and then go sorting 'til 9.30 . 20 min break imposed. out at 9.55. prepped delivery like a new starter. will do the same for rest of dispute. only ended up with 2 bags . carry on like this we'll just get further and further behind.
watch out. there may be a dom about
i love mail sort
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
Location: its either Hell or a bad dream

Post by i love mail sort »

starting at 6 o clock time was great.........NOT, when i went out all the time locks on the flats were locked, that must of held me up a extra 30 minutes to get in them. 90% of the walk is made up on flats

Million people either saying your late today postie or i thought you were on strike today. first letter was at 10.20 am last letter 2.45pm. Getting caught in the school traffic coming back home, i remember when i saw the little brats going to school when i was going home. i am claiming over time if they dont pay me i will bring it back every day.
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Post by simply_the_best »

We went in to all the frames being full and missorted by strike breakers but no mail arrived at the office, iwas meant to be phg but the dom fuks up somebodies day off :roll: so i went out on a walk, it was heaving :shock: once i had tied up my bags and weighed them i told dum that i didnt have enough time to finish the walk, he dropped the last bag off at the pouch drop box, 30 kgs worth, and it is still in there, he offered me OT to finish it, "no thanks" :so there

On a walk tomorrow and he has brought back a tonne of mail as well, building up nicely as we are expecting quite a bit of mail tomorrow :wink:
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Post by venger »

My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.

Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Post by P739 »

Managment must have got a whiff of our DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY plan went in no Mountain of mail just enough mail to cover the duty within the time....Everyone took their break at 9.20am then out the door just after 10.00am.. This will be story in our office as long as there is still a dispute.....FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT.
mylegshurt
Posts: 194
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06

Post by mylegshurt »

venger ur mad playing in there hands ilovemail sort,think what u are doing
hooniebagoonie
Posts: 134
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 13:58
Location: west london

Post by hooniebagoonie »

went in today and told no ips at all...the strike breakers (sorry mustnt call the dear picket line crossers that) had put what management deemed a fair days work on our frames for us to deal with.....had us all out the office just after 9...so 3 and a half hours plus my travelling time laterim still done before the official finish time....they will be after 4 hour delivery spans next.......absolutely shed loads of mail for us tomorrow though....feel a cut off coming on :cfo
mylegshurt
Posts: 194
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06

HOONIE THEN CUT OFF

Post by mylegshurt »

GROW A PAIR FFS.
smudger54
Posts: 59
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 00:03

My first night back (oh what a night HEE HEE )

Post by smudger54 »

Well my first night back in Distrbution since the strike, Ignored the scab drivers to begin with bought 2 fellow pickets a coffee then after getting all my paperwork made a sarcastic remark to Transport manager as i got this weeks tacho's "dont need any got loads left from last week" :funneh That went down like lead ballon.
Then after setting off 10mins late due to CORRECT vehicle checks got to the other depot had my 45 min meal break then loaded my Double Decker as to H&S -Check each york loaded correctly, Move 1 york at a time, Brake on each one, Walk back for the next, Strap each block of 9 yorks by the time of my departure i had 31 yorks on a Decker capable of 75 :Applause :Applause :dance
Then stuck to the speed limits all way back arrived 15mins late then a manager asked "why are you late? Wheres the rest of the work?" I just responded "National speed limits and in friggin London! Night Night my shifts done" :d'oh!
So i think theres a mail faliure somewhere or a flex bringing it down but dont give a S**T let the strike breakers at my depot doing OT sort it.
Network Driver;nights.
kanuuuuuu
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 15:01

Post by kanuuuuuu »

venger wrote:My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.

Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
so instead of taking it easy ur rushing around like a blue arsed fly for them ? and will continue to do that until we catch up ? ur crazy mate ! dont do it to urself !
I left a load yesterday and yeah i will get a load more junk today and guess what, that wont be getting delivered either ! you might as well have come into work and worked through the strike if youre going to bend over backwards to get all the backlog cleared for nothing.
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Post by venger »

kanuuuuuu wrote:
venger wrote:My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.

Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
so instead of taking it easy ur rushing around like a blue arsed fly for them ? and will continue to do that until we catch up ? ur crazy mate ! dont do it to urself !
I left a load yesterday and yeah i will get a load more junk today and guess what, that wont be getting delivered either ! you might as well have come into work and worked through the strike if youre going to bend over backwards to get all the backlog cleared for nothing.
I certainly didn't rush anywhere. I just took all of what I had out with me. I didn't finish late and it wasn't because I sped up to finish. I walked at the same pace I always do. Remember "Not all walks are created equal" I was just lucky I didn't get an absolute tump full of mail. Believe me, I've left plenty of mailsort and the like before.
Also I'm in a relatively small office. Only got 30 people where I am.

I take your point, and others on board. I'm not going out of my way to help RM.