TBT!!! im shocked!! I am a true lady you know... but, hey it was funny..TrueBlueTerrier wrote:ummmmadelin4 wrote:mylegshurt wrote:twice the work load for us, just had to take it back[what i couldnt do] madeline you gonna be doing a paula radcliff on your walk.[ think that was her name] stopping for a leak in the middle of her marathon] ps make sure you move ur pouch to one side or youll get soggy mail.lol, they will be telling us next thats what we have to do!!!!!
![]()
embarrased to point out this web site
![]()
you'll think I am a perv. http://www.femalefreedom.ca/
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Today at work
-
madelin4
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:56
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
We're moving work from our last strike last Sat in SE Lon.
Wont touch this backlog for bout a week,if we're lucky
Wont touch this backlog for bout a week,if we're lucky
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
mylegshurt
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06
-
mylegshurt
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06
-
postie28
- Posts: 372
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 17:48
- Location: in front of me computer supping a can of lager. but shortly going out to the picket line
easy day really. told to prep walk for 1.5 hrs . tie up and then go sorting 'til 9.30 . 20 min break imposed. out at 9.55. prepped delivery like a new starter. will do the same for rest of dispute. only ended up with 2 bags . carry on like this we'll just get further and further behind.
watch out. there may be a dom about
-
i love mail sort
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
- Location: its either Hell or a bad dream
starting at 6 o clock time was great.........NOT, when i went out all the time locks on the flats were locked, that must of held me up a extra 30 minutes to get in them. 90% of the walk is made up on flats
Million people either saying your late today postie or i thought you were on strike today. first letter was at 10.20 am last letter 2.45pm. Getting caught in the school traffic coming back home, i remember when i saw the little brats going to school when i was going home. i am claiming over time if they dont pay me i will bring it back every day.
Million people either saying your late today postie or i thought you were on strike today. first letter was at 10.20 am last letter 2.45pm. Getting caught in the school traffic coming back home, i remember when i saw the little brats going to school when i was going home. i am claiming over time if they dont pay me i will bring it back every day.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
We went in to all the frames being full and missorted by strike breakers but no mail arrived at the office, iwas meant to be phg but the dom fuks up somebodies day off
so i went out on a walk, it was heaving
once i had tied up my bags and weighed them i told dum that i didnt have enough time to finish the walk, he dropped the last bag off at the pouch drop box, 30 kgs worth, and it is still in there, he offered me OT to finish it, "no thanks"
On a walk tomorrow and he has brought back a tonne of mail as well, building up nicely as we are expecting quite a bit of mail tomorrow
On a walk tomorrow and he has brought back a tonne of mail as well, building up nicely as we are expecting quite a bit of mail tomorrow
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.
Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.
Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Managment must have got a whiff of our DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY plan went in no Mountain of mail just enough mail to cover the duty within the time....Everyone took their break at 9.20am then out the door just after 10.00am.. This will be story in our office as long as there is still a dispute.....FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT.
-
mylegshurt
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 13:06
-
hooniebagoonie
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 13:58
- Location: west london
went in today and told no ips at all...the strike breakers (sorry mustnt call the dear picket line crossers that) had put what management deemed a fair days work on our frames for us to deal with.....had us all out the office just after 9...so 3 and a half hours plus my travelling time laterim still done before the official finish time....they will be after 4 hour delivery spans next.......absolutely shed loads of mail for us tomorrow though....feel a cut off coming on :cfo
-
smudger54
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 00:03
My first night back (oh what a night HEE HEE )
Well my first night back in Distrbution since the strike, Ignored the scab drivers to begin with bought 2 fellow pickets a coffee then after getting all my paperwork made a sarcastic remark to Transport manager as i got this weeks tacho's "dont need any got loads left from last week"
That went down like lead ballon.
Then after setting off 10mins late due to CORRECT vehicle checks got to the other depot had my 45 min meal break then loaded my Double Decker as to H&S -Check each york loaded correctly, Move 1 york at a time, Brake on each one, Walk back for the next, Strap each block of 9 yorks by the time of my departure i had 31 yorks on a Decker capable of 75
Then stuck to the speed limits all way back arrived 15mins late then a manager asked "why are you late? Wheres the rest of the work?" I just responded "National speed limits and in friggin London! Night Night my shifts done"
So i think theres a mail faliure somewhere or a flex bringing it down but dont give a S**T let the strike breakers at my depot doing OT sort it.
Then after setting off 10mins late due to CORRECT vehicle checks got to the other depot had my 45 min meal break then loaded my Double Decker as to H&S -Check each york loaded correctly, Move 1 york at a time, Brake on each one, Walk back for the next, Strap each block of 9 yorks by the time of my departure i had 31 yorks on a Decker capable of 75
Then stuck to the speed limits all way back arrived 15mins late then a manager asked "why are you late? Wheres the rest of the work?" I just responded "National speed limits and in friggin London! Night Night my shifts done"
So i think theres a mail faliure somewhere or a flex bringing it down but dont give a S**T let the strike breakers at my depot doing OT sort it.
Network Driver;nights.
-
kanuuuuuu
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 15:01
so instead of taking it easy ur rushing around like a blue arsed fly for them ? and will continue to do that until we catch up ? ur crazy mate ! dont do it to urself !venger wrote:My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.
Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
I left a load yesterday and yeah i will get a load more junk today and guess what, that wont be getting delivered either ! you might as well have come into work and worked through the strike if youre going to bend over backwards to get all the backlog cleared for nothing.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
I certainly didn't rush anywhere. I just took all of what I had out with me. I didn't finish late and it wasn't because I sped up to finish. I walked at the same pace I always do. Remember "Not all walks are created equal" I was just lucky I didn't get an absolute tump full of mail. Believe me, I've left plenty of mailsort and the like before.kanuuuuuu wrote:so instead of taking it easy ur rushing around like a blue arsed fly for them ? and will continue to do that until we catch up ? ur crazy mate ! dont do it to urself !venger wrote:My duty wasn't too bad. We stopped sorting on the IPS around 7:30am ish. Loads of the boys left trays and trays of flats under their frame. I took all that I had, as I couldn't be arsed leaving it all for tomorrow. We'll get enough junk in as it is.
Got out of the office about 10 ish and finished about 2:00. Didn't take a break ...Yeah I know.
It's just the begining and I expect it to get a bit worse.
Only had 2 customers talk to me about the strike. Both were possitive and in favour of us posties. Glad to see that the truth is out there, Scully....Yeah.
I left a load yesterday and yeah i will get a load more junk today and guess what, that wont be getting delivered either ! you might as well have come into work and worked through the strike if youre going to bend over backwards to get all the backlog cleared for nothing.
Also I'm in a relatively small office. Only got 30 people where I am.
I take your point, and others on board. I'm not going out of my way to help RM.