ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Prep Testing-A New Method of Harrassing Staff?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Testing-A New Method of Harrassing Staff?

Post by DiamondSmiles »

And I believe its just a speed test not an accuracy test, so chuck 'em anywhere!
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Testing-A New Method of Harrassing Staff?

Post by motch »

zx135 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:To be fair, I don't think there is anything new about it.
It's been happening for a while around the country.

There is a one minute test, but I think it's on IPS only, and has to be on an empty frame.
Speak to the Rep/Area Rep.

If they refuse OT, tell them you won't finish using the 'Overrunning Deliveries Procedure'.
its a 1 minute test on any frame, frame must be empty of all mail, and theres different standards for each type of frame, but remember its only for 1 min and its not a continuous rate for x amount of time
but on a frame you know well?
immortaltechnique
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 14:12
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Testing-A New Method of Harrassing Staff?

Post by immortaltechnique »

When I got tested on the IPS, I stopped half way through and got a coffee from the machine, when challenged by the DOM I told him I was trying to make it realistic, Apparently I have to be tested again.

Don't worry about any test ,in 10 years I think I have failed every one of them and absolutely nothing ever happens about it
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Prep Testing-A New Method of Harrassing Staff?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

motch wrote:
zx135 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:To be fair, I don't think there is anything new about it.
It's been happening for a while around the country.

There is a one minute test, but I think it's on IPS only, and has to be on an empty frame.
Speak to the Rep/Area Rep.

If they refuse OT, tell them you won't finish using the 'Overrunning Deliveries Procedure'.
its a 1 minute test on any frame, frame must be empty of all mail, and theres different standards for each type of frame, but remember its only for 1 min and its not a continuous rate for x amount of time
but on a frame you know well?
Think it has to be on a frame you know, but could be wrong.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.