ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you not find it strange that ...............

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

chrisj wrote: I stand to gain very little from the Strike.
I agree, but then I firmly think that this action is over stopping the losses, not trying to make gains
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............

Post by k979aaa »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
ballee wrote:I have a 3 year plan in place to get dog kennels and move to the county :wink: Just need to hang on in there for 3 years :thumbup ( Jimmy Carrs Laugh )

What kind of dogs are you going to keep ?
What he said. Basically buying a house with boarding kennels included on the property. The 1 we looked at had 12 kennels, which were fully booked thru the year, and it was roughly £30 a day plus extra if they stayed overnight and needed extra food etc, so thats £360 a day, £2000 a week! And basically all I would have to do is walk dogs for maybe 3 hours a day, and clean up poop. If the house is in the right location, this was in the country near a stream and woods, its perfect. People will always have dogs, people will always like holidays abroad, people will always need dog kennels - we where just short of the funds and it would have left us stretched, so we decided to wait 3 years until we are in a better position
:hmmmm It might just be me jcl but if it was in a rural location and so lucrative why would they sell?
They where desperate to move abroad, he was 68 and she was a bit younger, and theyve done it for about 15 years after they retired. They dropped the price a fair bit too. Unfortunately its sold now, but there will be other opportunities, it just wasnt meant to be this time. 100% a future plan though
I could not do that job/opportunity after the dogs I have faced good luck though we all need to get out of this place and soon.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:They where desperate to move abroad, he was 68 and she was a bit younger, and theyve done it for about 15 years after they retired. They dropped the price a fair bit too. Unfortunately its sold now, but there will be other opportunities, it just wasnt meant to be this time. 100% a future plan though
TBH Jimmy, it sounds a good plan. A girl left RM from our office after taking a dog grooming course and was mobile for a time and worked part time as an OPG. Fortunately she lived in a large house with land and built some kennels and has now branched out to a pet shop. Personally I wouldn't leave my dog in kennels and never have with all the dogs I've had but lots of people do; my next door neighbour regularly leaves his pet at a kennels and it's quite a distance away.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............

Post by Shambles »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sLR0vgp ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.