I agree, but then I firmly think that this action is over stopping the losses, not trying to make gainschrisj wrote: I stand to gain very little from the Strike.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you not find it strange that ...............
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............
I could not do that job/opportunity after the dogs I have faced good luck though we all need to get out of this place and soon.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:They where desperate to move abroad, he was 68 and she was a bit younger, and theyve done it for about 15 years after they retired. They dropped the price a fair bit too. Unfortunately its sold now, but there will be other opportunities, it just wasnt meant to be this time. 100% a future plan thoughdvbuk55 wrote:Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:What he said. Basically buying a house with boarding kennels included on the property. The 1 we looked at had 12 kennels, which were fully booked thru the year, and it was roughly £30 a day plus extra if they stayed overnight and needed extra food etc, so thats £360 a day, £2000 a week! And basically all I would have to do is walk dogs for maybe 3 hours a day, and clean up poop. If the house is in the right location, this was in the country near a stream and woods, its perfect. People will always have dogs, people will always like holidays abroad, people will always need dog kennels - we where just short of the funds and it would have left us stretched, so we decided to wait 3 years until we are in a better positionballee wrote:I have a 3 year plan in place to get dog kennels and move to the countyJust need to hang on in there for 3 years
( Jimmy Carrs Laugh )
What kind of dogs are you going to keep ?It might just be me jcl but if it was in a rural location and so lucrative why would they sell?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............
TBH Jimmy, it sounds a good plan. A girl left RM from our office after taking a dog grooming course and was mobile for a time and worked part time as an OPG. Fortunately she lived in a large house with land and built some kennels and has now branched out to a pet shop. Personally I wouldn't leave my dog in kennels and never have with all the dogs I've had but lots of people do; my next door neighbour regularly leaves his pet at a kennels and it's quite a distance away.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:They where desperate to move abroad, he was 68 and she was a bit younger, and theyve done it for about 15 years after they retired. They dropped the price a fair bit too. Unfortunately its sold now, but there will be other opportunities, it just wasnt meant to be this time. 100% a future plan though
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Do you not find it strange that ...............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sLR0vgp ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.