ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

On holiday/asked to come in to work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

aiden01 wrote:Why would anyone want to work when they are on leave :crazy: cant get out of the building quick enough.
My thoughts exactly.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Daaav
Posts: 11
Joined: 05 Aug 2012, 23:58
Gender: Male

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by Daaav »

Oops I've just had a week off and on the Monday I worked 4 hours and Wednesday/Friday worked 5 hours on each just doing parcels and I got paid weekday OT1 is that normal?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Daaav wrote:Oops I've just had a week off and on the Monday I worked 4 hours and Wednesday/Friday worked 5 hours on each just doing parcels and I got paid weekday OT1 is that normal?
working overtime on leave - probably not.

On a serious note - you should have checked with the manager to see what you would get. I guess they thought that was a fair rate, but as its against agreements to do overtime on leave there isn't much you could anyway as by definition there is no agreed rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by kitkatchunky »

steven100 wrote:
bolton1969 wrote:In the 2010 agreement it states you are not allowed to come in on overtime or scheduled attendance when you are on annual leave.
Well, clearly not happening at our office.
aslo not in our office a lad worked is 2 weeks summer leave
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

aiden01 wrote:Why would anyone want to work when they are on leave :crazy: cant get out of the building quick enough.
Because some people probably don't want to take holidays as they have nothing to do, maybe can't afford to go away.

They have to take time off but have nothing to do at home.

Single posties, who have little social life.

Married posties whose partners maybe at work, can't get all the same weeks off together.

People desperate for money, debts, credit cards to pay off.

There you go, a few reasons. :Very Happy
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work

Post by freelunch »

In our delivery office you are allowed to work one day on your week off.
The reasoning being you are off 5 days A/L, but RM operate 6 days a week :hmmmm

A generalisation here, but the people who do it at our DO tend to be those looking to bump up their "pension" income.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson