My thoughts exactly.aiden01 wrote:Why would anyone want to work when they are on leavecant get out of the building quick enough.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
On holiday/asked to come in to work
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Daaav
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 05 Aug 2012, 23:58
- Gender: Male
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
Oops I've just had a week off and on the Monday I worked 4 hours and Wednesday/Friday worked 5 hours on each just doing parcels and I got paid weekday OT1 is that normal?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
working overtime on leave - probably not.Daaav wrote:Oops I've just had a week off and on the Monday I worked 4 hours and Wednesday/Friday worked 5 hours on each just doing parcels and I got paid weekday OT1 is that normal?
On a serious note - you should have checked with the manager to see what you would get. I guess they thought that was a fair rate, but as its against agreements to do overtime on leave there isn't much you could anyway as by definition there is no agreed rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
aslo not in our office a lad worked is 2 weeks summer leavesteven100 wrote:Well, clearly not happening at our office.bolton1969 wrote:In the 2010 agreement it states you are not allowed to come in on overtime or scheduled attendance when you are on annual leave.
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
Because some people probably don't want to take holidays as they have nothing to do, maybe can't afford to go away.aiden01 wrote:Why would anyone want to work when they are on leavecant get out of the building quick enough.
They have to take time off but have nothing to do at home.
Single posties, who have little social life.
Married posties whose partners maybe at work, can't get all the same weeks off together.
People desperate for money, debts, credit cards to pay off.
There you go, a few reasons.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: On holiday/asked to come in to work
In our delivery office you are allowed to work one day on your week off.
The reasoning being you are off 5 days A/L, but RM operate 6 days a week
A generalisation here, but the people who do it at our DO tend to be those looking to bump up their "pension" income.
The reasoning being you are off 5 days A/L, but RM operate 6 days a week
A generalisation here, but the people who do it at our DO tend to be those looking to bump up their "pension" income.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson