ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by Red Robbo »

All this hype about the industrial action and the loss of revenue but RM still look to a dividend in July next year from the sale.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Red Robbo wrote:All this hype about the industrial action and the loss of revenue but RM still look to a dividend in July next year from the sale.
Have they not guaranteed the dividend?
Given it a minimum value?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
biscuit1957
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 161
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
Gender: Male
Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by biscuit1957 »

I think the Government need the money to fund the right to buy scheme on 1st time buyers
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.

That word is ENGLAND!!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by fishtank »

Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

fishtank wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
Not lying to us would be a start.
We obviously don't believe them, must be due to past experience......

I do wonder how much all the propaganda they've sent has cost?
It would have been better to spend that money on the pay offer.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes

Post by DGP1 »

Brain Fury wrote:. but profit alone is not workable for most businesses.
I've done economics and that has totally lost me, maybe you could explain why profits aren't needed because I'm going to my bank to tell them that I'm not making any money because it's not important.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes

Post by Brain Fury »

DGP1 wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:. but profit alone is not workable for most businesses.
I've done economics and that has totally lost me, maybe you could explain why profits aren't needed because I'm going to my bank to tell them that I'm not making any money because it's not important.
Did you read my whole post or just the bit you chose to quote? If it's the latter then I can understand why you struggled because out of context it's meaningless. If you don't understand the whole thing then you should dig out your economics notes.

To reiterate, most companies cannot rely on profits alone to support an investment strategy and need other sources of funds too. At no point do I say that profits aren't needed.
biscuit1957
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 161
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
Gender: Male
Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up

Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes

Post by biscuit1957 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
lala wrote:Why do we need all this private money if we are making all that profit?
Which is exactly the point.
We still haven't been told the real reason for the sale.
The Government has to pay the deposits for the 1st time buyers so they can get on the housing ladder,please remember what they have done to us over this,when the general election comes
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.

That word is ENGLAND!!!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes

Post by k979aaa »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
Not lying to us would be a start.
We obviously don't believe them, must be due to past experience......

I do wonder how much all the propaganda they've sent has cost?
It would have been better to spend that money on the pay offer.
It is not the pay offer WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER TO TREAT US ALL WITH THE RESPECT WE ALL DESERVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!