ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
All this hype about the industrial action and the loss of revenue but RM still look to a dividend in July next year from the sale.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
Have they not guaranteed the dividend?Red Robbo wrote:All this hype about the industrial action and the loss of revenue but RM still look to a dividend in July next year from the sale.
Given it a minimum value?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
biscuit1957
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
I think the Government need the money to fund the right to buy scheme on 1st time buyers
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is ENGLAND!!!
That word is ENGLAND!!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
Not lying to us would be a start.fishtank wrote:Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
We obviously don't believe them, must be due to past experience......
I do wonder how much all the propaganda they've sent has cost?
It would have been better to spend that money on the pay offer.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes
I've done economics and that has totally lost me, maybe you could explain why profits aren't needed because I'm going to my bank to tell them that I'm not making any money because it's not important.Brain Fury wrote:. but profit alone is not workable for most businesses.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes
Did you read my whole post or just the bit you chose to quote? If it's the latter then I can understand why you struggled because out of context it's meaningless. If you don't understand the whole thing then you should dig out your economics notes.DGP1 wrote:I've done economics and that has totally lost me, maybe you could explain why profits aren't needed because I'm going to my bank to tell them that I'm not making any money because it's not important.Brain Fury wrote:. but profit alone is not workable for most businesses.
To reiterate, most companies cannot rely on profits alone to support an investment strategy and need other sources of funds too. At no point do I say that profits aren't needed.
-
biscuit1957
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up
Re: RM expecting “significant” loss of revenue from strikes
The Government has to pay the deposits for the 1st time buyers so they can get on the housing ladder,please remember what they have done to us over this,when the general election comesUnhappyGremlin wrote:Which is exactly the point.lala wrote:Why do we need all this private money if we are making all that profit?
We still haven't been told the real reason for the sale.
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is ENGLAND!!!
That word is ENGLAND!!!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: RM expecting 'significant' loss of revenue from strikes
It is not the pay offer WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER TO TREAT US ALL WITH THE RESPECT WE ALL DESERVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!UnhappyGremlin wrote:Not lying to us would be a start.fishtank wrote:Perhaps the business should re-examine its employee engagement strategy?Brain Fury wrote:I can't believe anybody really thinks that reduced profitability and thus a falling share price is good for anybody (except our competitors) and particularly anybody working for the business.
It obviously isn't working despite the ludicrous amount of money being superficially thrown at it.
We obviously don't believe them, must be due to past experience......
I do wonder how much all the propaganda they've sent has cost?
It would have been better to spend that money on the pay offer.