ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Employee Shares.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by fishtank »

Cut Off King wrote:We havn't been floated yet, how can they issue shares in a non listed PLC ?
Not sure of the legal ins and outs but I suppose since they've already "sold" that 10% of the business to us they can probably issue shares to that value.
As I said at the start though might be just a rumour. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by dvbuk55 »

Pat Ostman wrote:
Cut Off King wrote:
fishtank wrote:Rumour is they will be arriving in the post from tomorrow in an attempt to undermine the ballot. :nervous
?

We havn't been floated yet, how can they issue shares in a non listed PLC ?
If it is true, then these certificates would be about as valuable as the CS certs.

Store them in a safe place so that future archeologists can look back at Moya's LibCon folly.
They won't be the real certificates for that very reason. Just some s**t on A4
Correct - it'll be a promissory note and so what - the strike has far more ramifications than share values on privatisation but if Moya thinks that is the issue so much the better.
pokos27
Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by pokos27 »

take the shares go on take em, like a slow poison
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by stokes11eg »

fishtank wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Pat Ostman wrote: Do they think we are (all) f***ing stupid?
Maybe not all, but a good many colleagues are, unfortunately.
Especially the ones who keep comparing these shares to colleague shares.


A mate of mine worked for Railtrack when it was privatised in 1996.
The staff got about £1,500 worth I think although they might have had to pay something for them.
At one point his shares were worth over £5,000.
In the end after the company went into administration and it was "renationalised" under the Network Rail brand I think he got a couple of hundred for them after a long fight.

Could the same thing happen to us?
Well it's not that long ago since we were making the kind of losses that would be unsustainable in the private sector so I guess the answer is maybe so they might not be that different in the end.
:sad: Yes, it might. I was watching Parliament this morning discussing the sell off, and this question was raised---there was no firm denial!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by POSTMAN »

Eligible employees should receive their guide at home from today...

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... are-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by ratchet »

I received 2 guides.......... does that mean I get 2 allocations of shares :whistle

Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye :roll:
I am no longer a number :-)
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by dvbuk55 »

Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded :chuckle . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
WornOutPosty
Posts: 158
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by WornOutPosty »

ratchet wrote:Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye :roll:
Me too, I'm leaving in a few weeks and was hoping to get the shares before I go. Doesn't matter now as I'll lose them when I resign :Boo hoo!
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by ratchet »

dvbuk55 wrote:Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded :chuckle . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
Page 23 old chap :chuckle

You keep your shares if
You have an injury or disability
are made redundant
retire
the part of the company you work for is sold or transferred................. err !
You die
I am no longer a number :-)
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by claretandblue »

there's a separate form to fill in if you don't want them. Cunning ploy by royal mail then they can turn round and say 100% of the staff want their shares.
crammypostie1
Posts: 187
Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
Gender: Male
Location: Cumbria

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by crammypostie1 »

On a possitive side to this forum, i look forward to booking a holiday with the money i get from my shares for me and the misses. I think im gonna get some good loving if this is all true :thumbup
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by dvbuk55 »

ratchet wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded :chuckle . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
Page 23 old chap :chuckle

You keep your shares if
You have an injury or disability
are made redundant
retire
the part of the company you work for is sold or transferred................. err !
You die
Don't be shy about mentioning the D word, it's nothing to be afraid of and it's nice to know my loved ones will taken care of..........err, not really the grasping swine :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by chrisj »

WornOutPosty wrote:
ratchet wrote:Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye :roll:
Me too, I'm leaving in a few weeks and was hoping to get the shares before I go. Doesn't matter now as I'll lose them when I resign :Boo hoo!

Same here! Ce la vie. I do not care anymore!

Why would they give shares with such an attachment to it? Not only do you have to continue to work for RM for 3 years, you have to wait for 5 years before the share can be truly yours to do as you wish. Bah Humbug!!!
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by chrisj »

claretandblue wrote:there's a separate form to fill in if you don't want them. Cunning ploy by royal mail then they can turn round and say 100% of the staff want their shares.
They have been winning the PR battle and they are now unstoppable. How many will decline the share? I could do because I am not going to be around in RM in the next 3 years...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Employee Shares.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

crammypostie1 wrote:On a possitive side to this forum, i look forward to booking a holiday with the money i get from my shares for me and the misses. I think im gonna get some good loving if this is all true :thumbup
Unfortunately you have to wait 3 years to cash them in, though there are tax implications if you do. After 5 years no implications.

Fortunately I have no idea if you are used to waiting that long for .......... .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.