Cut Off King wrote:We havn't been floated yet, how can they issue shares in a non listed PLC ?
Not sure of the legal ins and outs but I suppose since they've already "sold" that 10% of the business to us they can probably issue shares to that value.
As I said at the start though might be just a rumour.
fishtank wrote:Rumour is they will be arriving in the post from tomorrow in an attempt to undermine the ballot.
?
We havn't been floated yet, how can they issue shares in a non listed PLC ?
If it is true, then these certificates would be about as valuable as the CS certs.
Store them in a safe place so that future archeologists can look back at Moya's LibCon folly.
They won't be the real certificates for that very reason. Just some s**t on A4
Correct - it'll be a promissory note and so what - the strike has far more ramifications than share values on privatisation but if Moya thinks that is the issue so much the better.
Pat Ostman wrote: Do they think we are (all) f***ing stupid?
Maybe not all, but a good many colleagues are, unfortunately.
Especially the ones who keep comparing these shares to colleague shares.
A mate of mine worked for Railtrack when it was privatised in 1996.
The staff got about £1,500 worth I think although they might have had to pay something for them.
At one point his shares were worth over £5,000.
In the end after the company went into administration and it was "renationalised" under the Network Rail brand I think he got a couple of hundred for them after a long fight.
Could the same thing happen to us?
Well it's not that long ago since we were making the kind of losses that would be unsustainable in the private sector so I guess the answer is maybe so they might not be that different in the end.
Yes, it might. I was watching Parliament this morning discussing the sell off, and this question was raised---there was no firm denial!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
I received 2 guides.......... does that mean I get 2 allocations of shares
Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye
Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
ratchet wrote:Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye
Me too, I'm leaving in a few weeks and was hoping to get the shares before I go. Doesn't matter now as I'll lose them when I resign
dvbuk55 wrote:Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
Page 23 old chap
You keep your shares if
You have an injury or disability
are made redundant
retire
the part of the company you work for is sold or transferred................. err !
You die
there's a separate form to fill in if you don't want them. Cunning ploy by royal mail then they can turn round and say 100% of the staff want their shares.
On a possitive side to this forum, i look forward to booking a holiday with the money i get from my shares for me and the misses. I think im gonna get some good loving if this is all true
dvbuk55 wrote:Now that I am a potential shareholder I expect to be called Mr, Sir would be better but hey I want to remain grounded . Of course if I remained employed for the 3 years I would be quite likely over 70 by the time the shares are issued, so if I left before the three years would I be classed as retiring or resigning. It's probably in the folder I've just received but really I can't be arsed reading it. I mean now I'm a potential budding entrepreneur I should have people reading crap like this to me.
Page 23 old chap
You keep your shares if
You have an injury or disability
are made redundant
retire
the part of the company you work for is sold or transferred................. err !
You die
Don't be shy about mentioning the D word, it's nothing to be afraid of and it's nice to know my loved ones will taken care of..........err, not really the grasping swine
ratchet wrote:Had a quick speed read through the bumpf, it looks like you'll lose your shares if you resign within 3 years of receiving the shares, so it looks like I'll be kissing mine goodbye
Me too, I'm leaving in a few weeks and was hoping to get the shares before I go. Doesn't matter now as I'll lose them when I resign
Same here! Ce la vie. I do not care anymore!
Why would they give shares with such an attachment to it? Not only do you have to continue to work for RM for 3 years, you have to wait for 5 years before the share can be truly yours to do as you wish. Bah Humbug!!!
claretandblue wrote:there's a separate form to fill in if you don't want them. Cunning ploy by royal mail then they can turn round and say 100% of the staff want their shares.
They have been winning the PR battle and they are now unstoppable. How many will decline the share? I could do because I am not going to be around in RM in the next 3 years...
crammypostie1 wrote:On a possitive side to this forum, i look forward to booking a holiday with the money i get from my shares for me and the misses. I think im gonna get some good loving if this is all true
Unfortunately you have to wait 3 years to cash them in, though there are tax implications if you do. After 5 years no implications.
Fortunately I have no idea if you are used to waiting that long for .......... .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.