ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by Red Robbo »

I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

thehappyones wrote:There in no chance that it will be an all-out strike....i for one will not be going all out........
I would struggle all out , in fact I'd be evicted :dance
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by Red Robbo »

Heh, what are we worrying about, come Christmas, Billy & Dave will agree to suspend the action, go to ACAS and get us stitched up again !!
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Red Robbo wrote:Heh, what are we worrying about, come Christmas, Billy & Dave will agree to suspend the action, go to ACAS and get us stitched up again !!
From a PR point of view, the CWU should announce that no strike action will take place in the month of December, it will help get the public onside.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 336
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
Location: west riding of yorkshire

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by the beautiful bd south »

Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.

I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by borders »

the beautiful bd south wrote:
Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.

I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
would they just not employ a few more casuals ?
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

borders wrote:
the beautiful bd south wrote:
Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.

I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
would they just not employ a few more casuals ?
Which is exactly why working to rule and overtime bans won't work.
It would also hit people in the pocket, especially PT staff, so defeating any attempt at trying to save staff from losing money by striking.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.