ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
I would struggle all out , in fact I'd be evictedthehappyones wrote:There in no chance that it will be an all-out strike....i for one will not be going all out........
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
Heh, what are we worrying about, come Christmas, Billy & Dave will agree to suspend the action, go to ACAS and get us stitched up again !!
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
From a PR point of view, the CWU should announce that no strike action will take place in the month of December, it will help get the public onside.Red Robbo wrote:Heh, what are we worrying about, come Christmas, Billy & Dave will agree to suspend the action, go to ACAS and get us stitched up again !!
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
the beautiful bd south
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 336
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
- Location: west riding of yorkshire
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.
I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG
-
borders
- Posts: 1304
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
would they just not employ a few more casuals ?the beautiful bd south wrote:cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.
I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Strike ballot for Royal Mail workers
Which is exactly why working to rule and overtime bans won't work.borders wrote:would they just not employ a few more casuals ?the beautiful bd south wrote:cant understand why the cwu dont try other tactics.Red Robbo wrote:I see counter staff are taking action short of strike action from today ie working to rule .
They are trying to get a raise in overtime pay because of the amount of overtime now relied upon to get the work done
why not try an overtime ban to highlight this.
along with a work to rule.
I know that you will never get everybody to play ball but why not try something new for a change.
It would also hit people in the pocket, especially PT staff, so defeating any attempt at trying to save staff from losing money by striking.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.