ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

its been emotional

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
houseoflords
Posts: 352
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by houseoflords »

Best of luck mate, this job is dead, give it a few years it will be mostly p/t.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by malcolm3011 »

postman nel wrote:So thats it...after 13 years my back/hip/knee/feet have finally told me no more...and ihr was the option I took. ..I've just been in to work to say goodbye and collect my leaving card and a little whip round for me, and it was quite emotional. ..can I say R/M could you please stop messing your staff about because believe me your staff make R/M and everyone of them are proper diamonds. ..good luck to you all in the future :wave
Good luck and best wishes for the future :wave
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: its been emotional

Post by Judgee »

Yey another one escapes under the wire! :Applause

Good luck with your new job! :dance
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: its been emotional

Post by Darren Bent »

New job in previous work is good news for you. Good Luck.
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by postman nel »

Judgee wrote:Yey another one escapes under the wire! :Applause

Good luck with your new job! :dance

:wave
tonyhendrix
Posts: 29
Joined: 22 Sep 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by tonyhendrix »

All the best mate, hope you enjoy your new job
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: its been emotional

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Well done, don't be a stranger on here we need successful runners to chair the Escape Committee.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by postman nel »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Well done, don't be a stranger on here we need successful runners to chair the Escape Committee.
I'll get my spoon and start digging the tunnel right away :pray
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by worktotime »

good luck :wave
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by postman nel »

tonyhendrix wrote:All the best mate, hope you enjoy your new job
:thumbup
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by postman nel »

worktotime wrote:good luck :wave
:thumbup
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: its been emotional

Post by General Mannerheim »

postman nel wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:How old are you now and what will you do for future ?

Enjoy your new life.

I'm 44....I"ve still got my hgv licence,i used to work for my local council many years ago and I"ve managed to get back in there..same sort of pay but less o/t but with my lump sum I will pay off outstanding debts..it should even itself out and its mon to fri ..I am also looking at some sort of further education... :thumbup
Obviously not that ill then? :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by fishtank »

General Mannerheim wrote:Obviously not that ill then? :roll:
There isn't room in the Callers Office for everyone General. :roll:
The IHR agreement recognises that some will be able to work again,some immediately,in fact you can even reapply to Royal Mail.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: its been emotional

Post by General Mannerheim »

fishtank wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Obviously not that ill then? :roll:
There isn't room in the Callers Office for everyone General. :roll:
The IHR agreement recognises that some will be able to work again,some immediately,in fact you can even reapply to Royal Mail.
Well I never whatever next. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: its been emotional

Post by fishtank »

General Mannerheim wrote:Well I never whatever next. :roll:
Ring fenced adjusted duties maybe?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share