ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform Order Online
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??
Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.
Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
wacko74 wrote:Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??
Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.
Everything comes with an expected wear time.
If you try to order inside that time the system blocks it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
It's asking me to change my password,but i've never been on this site before!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
Yeah I know all about the wear time... the last time I had a 'discussion' with a nice lady from the ordering dept she actually informed me that Cat trainers only last 6 weeks... but then told me we're still only allowed 2 pairs a year!fishtank wrote:wacko74 wrote:Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??
Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.
Everything comes with an expected wear time.
If you try to order inside that time the system blocks it.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Uniform Order Online
I think everybody has to do that as soon as they log in for time, probably some sort of security thingBahia Feliz wrote:It's asking me to change my password,but i've never been on this site before!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
Royal Mail's own words.wacko74 wrote:Yeah I know all about the wear time... the last time I had a 'discussion' with a nice lady from the ordering dept she actually informed me that Cat trainers only last 6 weeks... but then told me we're still only allowed 2 pairs a year!
While we make certain assumptions on how long any item will last, and how many are sensibly needed for looking smart every working day, these assumptions do not get in the way of the intention to work safely and smartly. If any item is lost, damaged or worn beyond simple repair, a replacement should be obtained.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Uniform Order Online
The trainers lasted me 6 weeks, the Magnum shoes managed 4 months but are now getting bad. After two linos had tried and failed to order me another pair (due to the 2 pairs limit) I emailed justsayit. They investigated it and came back to say the DOM had been told how to order me another pair, but he denied it and said to leave it with him. Two reminders later I gave up reminding him.
The other day a third lino asked how I was getting on so I pointed out that I was wearing my own shoes so he ordered me a pair. A week later and they turned up. Not even a remotely satisfactory way of getting them but it was sorted in the end. Anyone else with problem could try emailing justsayit - if nothing else they may get fed up with the complaints and actually sort something out - only been in 7 months so sorry for my naivety!
The other day a third lino asked how I was getting on so I pointed out that I was wearing my own shoes so he ordered me a pair. A week later and they turned up. Not even a remotely satisfactory way of getting them but it was sorted in the end. Anyone else with problem could try emailing justsayit - if nothing else they may get fed up with the complaints and actually sort something out - only been in 7 months so sorry for my naivety!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
I got locked out so rang customer services and they reset my password, all my kit arrived within a week though I'm still waiting on a pair of trousers that were out of stock in my size.
-
smudge64
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
dont bother wasting your time almost everything is either cancelled the next day or needs managers permission..just go straight into manager and order and dont waste another minute on this rubbish
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Uniform Order Online
Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Uniform Order Online
Mine can otherwise I'd be wearing my birthday suit..............and the police warned me the last timeclashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
smudge64
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
Really!! mine ordered some last week is this a new rule then brought in over the weekend or another case of a different rule for every officeclashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
You are the naked rambler ha haDGP1 wrote:Mine can otherwise I'd be wearing my birthday suit..............and the police warned me the last timeclashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Uniform Order Online
Aliens or Lizards?clashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Uniform Order Online
How long do uniform orders take to arrive? I really need some new boots, ordered some few weeks back now and still waiting!