ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform Order Online

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by wacko74 »

Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??

Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by fishtank »

wacko74 wrote:Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??

Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.

Everything comes with an expected wear time.
If you try to order inside that time the system blocks it.
Royal_Mail_Entitlement.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by Bahia Feliz »

It's asking me to change my password,but i've never been on this site before!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by wacko74 »

fishtank wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Does anyone really think they would give us carte blanche to order any uniform as and when we want it??

Everytime I've needed anything it's required an argument... with either my DOM to order it for me, or with a woman from the suppliers on the phone if I contact them directly.

Everything comes with an expected wear time.
If you try to order inside that time the system blocks it.
Royal_Mail_Entitlement.xls
Yeah I know all about the wear time... the last time I had a 'discussion' with a nice lady from the ordering dept she actually informed me that Cat trainers only last 6 weeks... but then told me we're still only allowed 2 pairs a year!
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by crazyshrew »

Bahia Feliz wrote:It's asking me to change my password,but i've never been on this site before!
I think everybody has to do that as soon as they log in for time, probably some sort of security thing
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by fishtank »

wacko74 wrote:Yeah I know all about the wear time... the last time I had a 'discussion' with a nice lady from the ordering dept she actually informed me that Cat trainers only last 6 weeks... but then told me we're still only allowed 2 pairs a year!
Royal Mail's own words.
While we make certain assumptions on how long any item will last, and how many are sensibly needed for looking smart every working day, these assumptions do not get in the way of the intention to work safely and smartly. If any item is lost, damaged or worn beyond simple repair, a replacement should be obtained.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by fb1969 »

The trainers lasted me 6 weeks, the Magnum shoes managed 4 months but are now getting bad. After two linos had tried and failed to order me another pair (due to the 2 pairs limit) I emailed justsayit. They investigated it and came back to say the DOM had been told how to order me another pair, but he denied it and said to leave it with him. Two reminders later I gave up reminding him.

The other day a third lino asked how I was getting on so I pointed out that I was wearing my own shoes so he ordered me a pair. A week later and they turned up. Not even a remotely satisfactory way of getting them but it was sorted in the end. Anyone else with problem could try emailing justsayit - if nothing else they may get fed up with the complaints and actually sort something out - only been in 7 months so sorry for my naivety!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by Barbel »

I got locked out so rang customer services and they reset my password, all my kit arrived within a week though I'm still waiting on a pair of trousers that were out of stock in my size.
smudge64
Posts: 8
Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by smudge64 »

dont bother wasting your time almost everything is either cancelled the next day or needs managers permission..just go straight into manager and order and dont waste another minute on this rubbish
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by clashcityrocker »

Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
Mine can otherwise I'd be wearing my birthday suit..............and the police warned me the last time :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
smudge64
Posts: 8
Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by smudge64 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
Really!! mine ordered some last week is this a new rule then brought in over the weekend or another case of a different rule for every office
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by Bahia Feliz »

DGP1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
Mine can otherwise I'd be wearing my birthday suit..............and the police warned me the last time :nervous
You are the naked rambler ha ha
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by General Mannerheim »

clashcityrocker wrote:Our managers can no longer order uniform.
The permission needed to authorise new uniform when you have exceeded your allocation comes from elsewhere - not our line managers.
Aliens or Lizards? :nervous
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform Order Online

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

How long do uniform orders take to arrive? I really need some new boots, ordered some few weeks back now and still waiting!