ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

broken wing mirror

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by eastie »

DB1100 wrote:It is illegal to park any part of a motor vehicle on the pavement unless an area has been designated for it.I would have taken a picture of the vehicle showing the number plate with my phone,then told my DOM,also would have rang plod to see what the position is regarding this.
it was in their drive but it was an SUV and a small drive
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by eastie »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
fishtank wrote:
eastie wrote:Used a bag on the shoulder for part of my P/L walk and one house had 2 cars parked leaving about a foot gap to get through.
I squeezed through, delivered the mail but after squeezing past the cars again my strap got caught on the wing mirror and snapped it off.
Would you have :-
1/ just walked away, hoping nobody saw
2/ gone back and knocked on the door
3/ phoned your DOM and told him what happened and see if anyone complains
I did no 3


I would have to be 100% sure nobody saw me to try 1 and you're never 100% sure.
Number 2 would depend on how big and prone to violence the customer was.
I think number 3 was the smart move.
Yes, but 1, 2 or 3, it's still seven years bad luck. :sad:
The glass didnt break it was the whole thing that ripped off :whistle
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by BingBong »

Judgee wrote:Deny everything and if questioned suggest it was probably someone delivering pizza leaflets that did it! :dance
Lol. Good call.
Toon Army!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Why did you have a bag on your shoulder ? Park and loop bags off shoulder !,
Not always - my round is being risk assessed and they feeling is that it will be bag on shoulder for most of it because of terrain.
And what would the bag weight be ....just as a matter of interest.
5kgs if I have anything to do with it. Steps.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by fishtank »

Teebs. :funneh

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

not far off

(not my delivery but still in Huddersfield)
2013-04-29_165408.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by P13 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:not far off

(not my delivery but still in Huddersfield)
2013-04-29_165408.png
Can you not just drag a trolley up there :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: broken wing mirror

Post by dvbuk55 »

Someone once complained that I had broken the wing mirror on their car - I know I didn't and so I knocked at the door the next day and asked a simple question which was "do you have a newspaper delivered?" - they replied they did and I then asked what made them think it was me and not him - they didn't respond to that but dropped the claim. In truth it could have been the milkman or anyone walking up the drive.