it was in their drive but it was an SUV and a small driveDB1100 wrote:It is illegal to park any part of a motor vehicle on the pavement unless an area has been designated for it.I would have taken a picture of the vehicle showing the number plate with my phone,then told my DOM,also would have rang plod to see what the position is regarding this.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
broken wing mirror
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: broken wing mirror
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: broken wing mirror
The glass didnt break it was the whole thing that ripped offLounge Lizard wrote:Yes, but 1, 2 or 3, it's still seven years bad luck.fishtank wrote:eastie wrote:Used a bag on the shoulder for part of my P/L walk and one house had 2 cars parked leaving about a foot gap to get through.
I squeezed through, delivered the mail but after squeezing past the cars again my strap got caught on the wing mirror and snapped it off.
Would you have :-
1/ just walked away, hoping nobody saw
2/ gone back and knocked on the door
3/ phoned your DOM and told him what happened and see if anyone complains
I did no 3
I would have to be 100% sure nobody saw me to try 1 and you're never 100% sure.
Number 2 would depend on how big and prone to violence the customer was.
I think number 3 was the smart move.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: broken wing mirror
Lol. Good call.Judgee wrote:Deny everything and if questioned suggest it was probably someone delivering pizza leaflets that did it!
Toon Army!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: broken wing mirror
5kgs if I have anything to do with it. Steps.clashcityrocker wrote:And what would the bag weight be ....just as a matter of interest.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not always - my round is being risk assessed and they feeling is that it will be bag on shoulder for most of it because of terrain.shepherdess wrote:Why did you have a bag on your shoulder ? Park and loop bags off shoulder !,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: broken wing mirror
not far off
(not my delivery but still in Huddersfield)
(not my delivery but still in Huddersfield)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: broken wing mirror
Can you not just drag a trolley up thereTrueBlueTerrier wrote:not far off
(not my delivery but still in Huddersfield)
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: broken wing mirror
Someone once complained that I had broken the wing mirror on their car - I know I didn't and so I knocked at the door the next day and asked a simple question which was "do you have a newspaper delivered?" - they replied they did and I then asked what made them think it was me and not him - they didn't respond to that but dropped the claim. In truth it could have been the milkman or anyone walking up the drive.
