ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unreported Incident

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by Himaggen »

If I was DOM support, I'd want to know about your known history of reversing into things.

If it is deemed necessary and acceptable to reverse, then I think you're supposed to reverse into the driveway and drive out forwards.

What sort of premises was it?
If it was a educational establishment, medical facility, multiple occupancy home or other similar premises, your Manager may have had to have carried out a Risk Assessment, for turning/manoeuvring on that site. If so and they haven't done it, you may at least have something in mitigation.
lovehunter
Posts: 60
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by lovehunter »

This happened to a guy in our office... He hit a car, n the person told him not to worry bout it cos there was no visible damage. The Postie said, take my number just incase and ill pay. The number was taken down wrong.... The person got home n noticed a crack in their bumper n rang Royal Mail cos they couldn't get to the postman.... Obviously he didn't report it and he got a 2 year serious and a 8 month driving ban .... Wot I'm saying is surely they have to be consistent with their approach to cases.
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by fng »

Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched :roll: ........ stick to the bike my friend.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by DGP1 »

fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched :roll: ........ stick to the bike my friend.
What bikes?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by fng »

Kafinater wrote:An update on the current situation is that I have been summoned to formal interview by the DOM support to see if there are any charges to be made under the conduct code. More to come later then. Meanwhile I've loaned out to a rural office on a bike round...yeah we still have a few bikes left in my office. I have to say that its less hassle than driving.

Update on Monday then. Interviews at 8am

Those bikes :roll:
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:
fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched :roll: ........ stick to the bike my friend.
What bikes?
too many Bushmills DGP :wink:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by clashcityrocker »

So what happened to the update?
Wasn't the fact finding yesterday?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched :roll: ........ stick to the bike my friend.
What bikes?
too many Bushmills DGP :wink:
Proper Irish whiskey, not like that dishwater that comes from Scotland :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by P13 »

DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched :roll: ........ stick to the bike my friend.
What bikes?
too many Bushmills DGP :wink:
Proper Irish whiskey, not like that dishwater that comes from Scotland :wink:
Who do you think you are ? Ray Winstone :Very Happy
Kafinater
Posts: 22
Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by Kafinater »

Yeah, the update!

The meeting with the DOM support was a let down really. He just asked if there was anything I wanted to add. I just went over what had already been said. He said that he will let me know if there is a case to answer by Thursday!

I was thinking today....while on my bike round. What am I supposed to be doing for RM? Working, delivering mail. Instead, I'm stuck in this process of discipline thats been going on for over a week. What is this? The line manager takes a statement thats handed up the chain only for him to call a meeting. He surely would have seen and read the statement before the meeting. Just tell me what you're going to do with me so I can get on with my job. It all seems so......petty.

I feel demoralised, got at, unhelped and unappreciated by RM! Its as though they havn't taken into account of 33 years of service but rather just taken this incident into account as to whether or not I'm worth looking after or not....grrrrr.

So, yet another update is still to come.

By the way, calling that scottish stuff dishwater is provocative and clearly shows you have no appreciation for a well made malt. We all know that Bushmills is good stuff but there is other stuff that compares very well...so why not start a new thread the extols the virtues of a fine Irish Malt rather than using this thread....which is MY ranting page not yours....lol!!! (Isn't Bushmills made by Robinsons...?)
Kafinater
Posts: 22
Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by Kafinater »

So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
Robtor
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by Robtor »

Are you likely to be staying in the rural office for those 6 months? Atleast it's probably nicer down there, I heard the rounds weren't bad.

Worked out who you are. :wink:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by motch »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.
there'a a few guys in our office who have loads of little scrapes and seem to get away with it all (mostly by not reporting them)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Unreported Incident

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

motch wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.
there'a a few guys in our office who have loads of little scrapes and seem to get away with it all (mostly by not reporting them)
Probably the same here but this driver was unlucky he was spotted by a "concerned" citizen.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.