ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unreported Incident
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Unreported Incident
If I was DOM support, I'd want to know about your known history of reversing into things.
If it is deemed necessary and acceptable to reverse, then I think you're supposed to reverse into the driveway and drive out forwards.
What sort of premises was it?
If it was a educational establishment, medical facility, multiple occupancy home or other similar premises, your Manager may have had to have carried out a Risk Assessment, for turning/manoeuvring on that site. If so and they haven't done it, you may at least have something in mitigation.
If it is deemed necessary and acceptable to reverse, then I think you're supposed to reverse into the driveway and drive out forwards.
What sort of premises was it?
If it was a educational establishment, medical facility, multiple occupancy home or other similar premises, your Manager may have had to have carried out a Risk Assessment, for turning/manoeuvring on that site. If so and they haven't done it, you may at least have something in mitigation.
-
lovehunter
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
This happened to a guy in our office... He hit a car, n the person told him not to worry bout it cos there was no visible damage. The Postie said, take my number just incase and ill pay. The number was taken down wrong.... The person got home n noticed a crack in their bumper n rang Royal Mail cos they couldn't get to the postman.... Obviously he didn't report it and he got a 2 year serious and a 8 month driving ban .... Wot I'm saying is surely they have to be consistent with their approach to cases.
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched
........ stick to the bike my friend.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Unreported Incident
What bikes?fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched........ stick to the bike my friend.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Kafinater wrote:An update on the current situation is that I have been summoned to formal interview by the DOM support to see if there are any charges to be made under the conduct code. More to come later then. Meanwhile I've loaned out to a rural office on a bike round...yeah we still have a few bikes left in my office. I have to say that its less hassle than driving.
Update on Monday then. Interviews at 8am
Those bikes
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Unreported Incident
too many Bushmills DGPDGP1 wrote:What bikes?fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched........ stick to the bike my friend.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Unreported Incident
So what happened to the update?
Wasn't the fact finding yesterday?
Wasn't the fact finding yesterday?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Unreported Incident
Proper Irish whiskey, not like that dishwater that comes from ScotlandTrueBlueTerrier wrote:too many Bushmills DGPDGP1 wrote:What bikes?fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched........ stick to the bike my friend.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Who do you think you are ? Ray WinstoneDGP1 wrote:Proper Irish whiskey, not like that dishwater that comes from ScotlandTrueBlueTerrier wrote:too many Bushmills DGPDGP1 wrote:What bikes?fng wrote:Reversing into a wall, reversing into a parked car, extra driver training, leaving windows open and having specials pinched........ stick to the bike my friend.
-
Kafinater
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Yeah, the update!
The meeting with the DOM support was a let down really. He just asked if there was anything I wanted to add. I just went over what had already been said. He said that he will let me know if there is a case to answer by Thursday!
I was thinking today....while on my bike round. What am I supposed to be doing for RM? Working, delivering mail. Instead, I'm stuck in this process of discipline thats been going on for over a week. What is this? The line manager takes a statement thats handed up the chain only for him to call a meeting. He surely would have seen and read the statement before the meeting. Just tell me what you're going to do with me so I can get on with my job. It all seems so......petty.
I feel demoralised, got at, unhelped and unappreciated by RM! Its as though they havn't taken into account of 33 years of service but rather just taken this incident into account as to whether or not I'm worth looking after or not....grrrrr.
So, yet another update is still to come.
By the way, calling that scottish stuff dishwater is provocative and clearly shows you have no appreciation for a well made malt. We all know that Bushmills is good stuff but there is other stuff that compares very well...so why not start a new thread the extols the virtues of a fine Irish Malt rather than using this thread....which is MY ranting page not yours....lol!!! (Isn't Bushmills made by Robinsons...?)
The meeting with the DOM support was a let down really. He just asked if there was anything I wanted to add. I just went over what had already been said. He said that he will let me know if there is a case to answer by Thursday!
I was thinking today....while on my bike round. What am I supposed to be doing for RM? Working, delivering mail. Instead, I'm stuck in this process of discipline thats been going on for over a week. What is this? The line manager takes a statement thats handed up the chain only for him to call a meeting. He surely would have seen and read the statement before the meeting. Just tell me what you're going to do with me so I can get on with my job. It all seems so......petty.
I feel demoralised, got at, unhelped and unappreciated by RM! Its as though they havn't taken into account of 33 years of service but rather just taken this incident into account as to whether or not I'm worth looking after or not....grrrrr.
So, yet another update is still to come.
By the way, calling that scottish stuff dishwater is provocative and clearly shows you have no appreciation for a well made malt. We all know that Bushmills is good stuff but there is other stuff that compares very well...so why not start a new thread the extols the virtues of a fine Irish Malt rather than using this thread....which is MY ranting page not yours....lol!!! (Isn't Bushmills made by Robinsons...?)
-
Kafinater
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Are you likely to be staying in the rural office for those 6 months? Atleast it's probably nicer down there, I heard the rounds weren't bad.
Worked out who you are.
Worked out who you are.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Unreported Incident
Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
there'a a few guys in our office who have loads of little scrapes and seem to get away with it all (mostly by not reporting them)TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Unreported Incident
Probably the same here but this driver was unlucky he was spotted by a "concerned" citizen.motch wrote:there'a a few guys in our office who have loads of little scrapes and seem to get away with it all (mostly by not reporting them)TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sounds pretty fair to be honest - a bloke at our place a few years back had a 2 year suspended dismissal and a years ban for an unreported accident.Kafinater wrote:So, judgement day has arrived, in fact it was last Friday. The result was A years reprimand and a 6 month driving ban. How does that sound??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.