ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Career Break Advice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by motch »

ebbzie wrote:
motch wrote:
fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I'd like to be 26 again.

What happened to you when you were 26?
I was changing nappies at 26 and sleeping 3hrs a night.
I'm not going back to that. :so there
I was banging an 18 year old
What was his name?
Rover
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

97gaz wrote:
stevo302 wrote:. However, it would be nice to look into other options and have a job to go back to if things don't work out.

I'm pretty sure you can't work for someone else while on a career break. That's what i was told years ago. We've had a few do it over the years . One who went travelling and one whos missus was ill.
I believe you're right. It is the main condition of taking a career break.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by Postie45 »

arthur was right wrote:Morale is at an all time low. Staff starting earlier than they should. Staff not taking their breaks. Far too much of a workload in too little time.
Walks not planned properly meaning staff "cutting corners" The job has turned into a nightmare for many staff at Royal Mail
What the hell are the union doing about all of these issues!! I am so disappointed that the cwu. They seem to be turning a "blind eye the THEIR MEMBERS concerns. The top management at Royal mail [dictated to by the present government] will continue to "get away" with any changes they want to whilst we have such a spineless and weak "union". I,m afraid your all on your on your own. The top management and top unions are SHAMELESS!!
are people actually raising these concerns to union reps or just moaning under their breath and getting on with it ?
Why come in early and work through breaks ? that makes no sense to me, I think the only reason people do this is so they can still finish 1-2 hours earlier than the scheduled finish time
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by fishtank »

Postie45 wrote:I think the only reason people do this is so they can still finish 1-2 hours earlier than the scheduled finish time
I think the Bullying & Harassment survey would tell a different story.
You will always get people trying to make time but since these revisions have gone in a lot of members are trying to cram a quart into a pint pot and stay off managements radar.

Is it the right thing to do?
Obviously not.
Do I understand why they do it?
Of course.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by Postie45 »

As I asked in previous post are these problems being actually pointed out to reps ? Or are people just "staying under the radar"
I find it hard to believe if a number of people are really struggllng so much as to come in early unpaid in an office that the CWU would have no say in such matters.
I could well be wrong, but I would just be very surprised and disappointed if this was the case
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Career Break Advice

Post by fishtank »

Postie45 wrote:I find it hard to believe if a number of people are really struggllng so much as to come in early unpaid in an office that the CWU would have no say in such matters.
I could well be wrong, but I would just be very surprised and disappointed if this was the case
I find it hard to believe that over 700 hundred members contacted HQ directly to complain of being bullied right under the noses of local reps,area reps,branches and divisional reps...but they did.
To say I was surprised and disappointed would be an understatement.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share