Roverebbzie wrote:What was his name?motch wrote:I was banging an 18 year oldfishtank wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:I'd like to be 26 again.
What happened to you when you were 26?
I was changing nappies at 26 and sleeping 3hrs a night.
I'm not going back to that.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Career Break Advice
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Career Break Advice
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Career Break Advice
I believe you're right. It is the main condition of taking a career break.97gaz wrote:stevo302 wrote:. However, it would be nice to look into other options and have a job to go back to if things don't work out.
I'm pretty sure you can't work for someone else while on a career break. That's what i was told years ago. We've had a few do it over the years . One who went travelling and one whos missus was ill.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Career Break Advice
are people actually raising these concerns to union reps or just moaning under their breath and getting on with it ?arthur was right wrote:Morale is at an all time low. Staff starting earlier than they should. Staff not taking their breaks. Far too much of a workload in too little time.
Walks not planned properly meaning staff "cutting corners" The job has turned into a nightmare for many staff at Royal Mail
What the hell are the union doing about all of these issues!! I am so disappointed that the cwu. They seem to be turning a "blind eye the THEIR MEMBERS concerns. The top management at Royal mail [dictated to by the present government] will continue to "get away" with any changes they want to whilst we have such a spineless and weak "union". I,m afraid your all on your on your own. The top management and top unions are SHAMELESS!!
Why come in early and work through breaks ? that makes no sense to me, I think the only reason people do this is so they can still finish 1-2 hours earlier than the scheduled finish time
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Career Break Advice
I think the Bullying & Harassment survey would tell a different story.Postie45 wrote:I think the only reason people do this is so they can still finish 1-2 hours earlier than the scheduled finish time
You will always get people trying to make time but since these revisions have gone in a lot of members are trying to cram a quart into a pint pot and stay off managements radar.
Is it the right thing to do?
Obviously not.
Do I understand why they do it?
Of course.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Career Break Advice
As I asked in previous post are these problems being actually pointed out to reps ? Or are people just "staying under the radar"
I find it hard to believe if a number of people are really struggllng so much as to come in early unpaid in an office that the CWU would have no say in such matters.
I could well be wrong, but I would just be very surprised and disappointed if this was the case
I find it hard to believe if a number of people are really struggllng so much as to come in early unpaid in an office that the CWU would have no say in such matters.
I could well be wrong, but I would just be very surprised and disappointed if this was the case
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Career Break Advice
I find it hard to believe that over 700 hundred members contacted HQ directly to complain of being bullied right under the noses of local reps,area reps,branches and divisional reps...but they did.Postie45 wrote:I find it hard to believe if a number of people are really struggllng so much as to come in early unpaid in an office that the CWU would have no say in such matters.
I could well be wrong, but I would just be very surprised and disappointed if this was the case
To say I was surprised and disappointed would be an understatement.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share