ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTEST!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES

Post by PhilthyPhil »

This seems counterproductive to me. Reducing the workload for Whitstable DO will put jobs there at risk and make RM more likely to close it.
ziko
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Dec 2009, 20:26
Gender: Male

Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES

Post by ziko »

Should the union be backing this unit by requesting that every single office backs this boycott?
One for all and all for one - CWU Where are you ?????????????????????????????
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES

Post by Pat Ostman »

You will never stop 5,000 people using amazon, people buckle, especially when they want to buy something shiny and cheap.

Someone else mentioned it but does DHL, TNT, UKMail, DPD, Yodel/HDNL have an office in Whitstable? All you will do is shift any work onto these couriers that care even less.

I applaud the stance but its not a step I would have taken.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES

Post by TeeferTiger »

mountec1 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:I rarely get anything delivered by RM from Amazon...
rubbish.
Is it really? I'd have thought I'd be a better person to judge how things get delivered to my house than you, unless you're hiding with DGP in the hedge?

Now, the hubby has had a few things delivered by RM from Amazon, but I haven't for a long time. But I'm not buying the small stuff that goes through the letterbox.

So, anytime you'd like to retract your diatribe, I'll accept your apology.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES

Post by maisymoo04 »

You have the option to collect amazon from your nearest convenience store ie co op etc so who the hell is arsed wwhhhooppii :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"