ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTEST!
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES
This seems counterproductive to me. Reducing the workload for Whitstable DO will put jobs there at risk and make RM more likely to close it.
-
ziko
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Dec 2009, 20:26
- Gender: Male
Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES
Should the union be backing this unit by requesting that every single office backs this boycott?
One for all and all for one - CWU Where are you ?????????????????????????????
One for all and all for one - CWU Where are you ?????????????????????????????
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES
You will never stop 5,000 people using amazon, people buckle, especially when they want to buy something shiny and cheap.
Someone else mentioned it but does DHL, TNT, UKMail, DPD, Yodel/HDNL have an office in Whitstable? All you will do is shift any work onto these couriers that care even less.
I applaud the stance but its not a step I would have taken.
Someone else mentioned it but does DHL, TNT, UKMail, DPD, Yodel/HDNL have an office in Whitstable? All you will do is shift any work onto these couriers that care even less.
I applaud the stance but its not a step I would have taken.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES
Is it really? I'd have thought I'd be a better person to judge how things get delivered to my house than you, unless you're hiding with DGP in the hedge?mountec1 wrote:rubbish.TeeferTiger wrote:I rarely get anything delivered by RM from Amazon...
Now, the hubby has had a few things delivered by RM from Amazon, but I haven't for a long time. But I'm not buying the small stuff that goes through the letterbox.
So, anytime you'd like to retract your diatribe, I'll accept your apology.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: WHITSTABLE CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT AMAZON IN ROYAL MAIL PROTES
You have the option to collect amazon from your nearest convenience store ie co op etc so who the hell is arsed wwhhhooppii

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"