Thank god i escaped from that hellhole
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
10 year service
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
Blimey, made me think... i would have done 10 yrs by next yr if i stayed.
Thank god i escaped from that hellhole
Thank god i escaped from that hellhole
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
I think this will happen to me, but maybe only a year or two. Do they go on start date from first RM wage or from permanent only?tb35 wrote:i got my 10 year award after 15 yrs service , it was only then i realised that there were 5 years missing from my start date big cock up on there part.
-
thechemistshop
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 08 Feb 2013, 21:21
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
i got a ten year award for 2.5 at one office and 7.5 at my current office for joint service,,, then when 2.5 years later i got another 10 year award for being in my current office for that time ,, so i now have 2 certificates and 2 crappy tie pin badges ,, never got anything for 15 though 
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: 10 year service
My 10 year service award is due. I've done 17 but had a career break after 7. Hopefully I'll be eligible for the full 6 weeks A/L in a few years but I won't hold my breath 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
I don't know but I got a Consignia pin and a certificate albeit 3 years latebringon4dayweeks wrote:wasnt consignia about 2002 ?beaker boy wrote:That was a Consignia pin badge.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: 10 year service
When they sent me my last long service award, I sent it back. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. The want to reward me for long continuous service, they can start by treating me and my colleagues in a more appropriate manner. Speak to us with respect. And stop B&H. Give us a decent, uncomplicated pay rise ( not attached to a million strings). I could go on. And on. And on......
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Tuffers
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
I'm still waiting for my 25 year award. I'm currently in my 27th year. Going p/t soon as I can't stand much more.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
Not sure if there is a 25 year award any more.Tuffers wrote:I'm still waiting for my 25 year award. I'm currently in my 27th year. Going p/t soon as I can't stand much more.
I thought they thinned it out to 10,20,30 and if you really are nuts...40.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
motch wrote:I think this will happen to me, but maybe only a year or two. Do they go on start date from first RM wage or from permanent only?tb35 wrote:i got my 10 year award after 15 yrs service , it was only then i realised that there were 5 years missing from my start date big cock up on there part.
So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work? is it from the first date on my first payslip, or is it when you have a proper contract with royal mail in place?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
It doesn't.motch wrote:So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work?
You only get extra hols after 5,15 and 20 years.
Sorry mate.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
oh bum, i was thinking/hoping it was 10 for a while now, oh well. cheers anyway.fishtank wrote:It doesn't.motch wrote:So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work?
You only get extra hols after 5,15 and 20 years.
Sorry mate.
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
Hi I just joined this forum yesterday. I got my letter from HR about my 10 year service award back in April but still haven't got it.fed_up_postie wrote:Hi all, Ive received a letter from HR today regarding my 10 years service award pack, does anyone know what you get in this pack? I thought all you got was a pen and a certificate.
Another lad in my office waited 2 years and when he got it it was covered in dust it had been in the doms office so long
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
I'd done 13 years before I got the 10 year award. In fairness the 20 year award was on time.Ricardo44 wrote:Hi I just joined this forum yesterday. I got my letter from HR about my 10 year service award back in April but still haven't got it.fed_up_postie wrote:Hi all, Ive received a letter from HR today regarding my 10 years service award pack, does anyone know what you get in this pack? I thought all you got was a pen and a certificate.
Another lad in my office waited 2 years and when he got it it was covered in dust it had been in the doms office so long
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: 10 year service
My ex-father-in-law used to take the piss out of my Xmas bonus boasting of his Harrod's Hamper and big slap up do the Ritz. The company went skint and he was made redundant.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: 10 year service
deristrong wrote:My ex-father-in-law used to take the piss out of my Xmas bonus boasting of his Harrod's Hamper and big slap up do the Ritz. The company went skint and he was made redundant.
The higher you fly the harder you fall.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........