ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

10 year service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by savo »

Blimey, made me think... i would have done 10 yrs by next yr if i stayed.

Thank god i escaped from that hellhole :nana
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by motch »

tb35 wrote:i got my 10 year award after 15 yrs service , it was only then i realised that there were 5 years missing from my start date big cock up on there part.
I think this will happen to me, but maybe only a year or two. Do they go on start date from first RM wage or from permanent only?
thechemistshop
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Feb 2013, 21:21
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by thechemistshop »

i got a ten year award for 2.5 at one office and 7.5 at my current office for joint service,,, then when 2.5 years later i got another 10 year award for being in my current office for that time ,, so i now have 2 certificates and 2 crappy tie pin badges ,, never got anything for 15 though :roll:
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: 10 year service

Post by Stormproof »

My 10 year service award is due. I've done 17 but had a career break after 7. Hopefully I'll be eligible for the full 6 weeks A/L in a few years but I won't hold my breath :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by dvbuk55 »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
beaker boy wrote:That was a Consignia pin badge. :no no
wasnt consignia about 2002 ?
I don't know but I got a Consignia pin and a certificate albeit 3 years late :shock:
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: 10 year service

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

When they sent me my last long service award, I sent it back. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. The want to reward me for long continuous service, they can start by treating me and my colleagues in a more appropriate manner. Speak to us with respect. And stop B&H. Give us a decent, uncomplicated pay rise ( not attached to a million strings). I could go on. And on. And on......
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Tuffers
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by Tuffers »

I'm still waiting for my 25 year award. I'm currently in my 27th year. Going p/t soon as I can't stand much more.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by fishtank »

Tuffers wrote:I'm still waiting for my 25 year award. I'm currently in my 27th year. Going p/t soon as I can't stand much more.
Not sure if there is a 25 year award any more.
I thought they thinned it out to 10,20,30 and if you really are nuts...40.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by motch »

motch wrote:
tb35 wrote:i got my 10 year award after 15 yrs service , it was only then i realised that there were 5 years missing from my start date big cock up on there part.
I think this will happen to me, but maybe only a year or two. Do they go on start date from first RM wage or from permanent only?

So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work? is it from the first date on my first payslip, or is it when you have a proper contract with royal mail in place?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by fishtank »

motch wrote:So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work?
It doesn't.
You only get extra hols after 5,15 and 20 years.
Sorry mate. :sad:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by motch »

fishtank wrote:
motch wrote:So how does the 10 year service with regards to getting the extra days holiday work?
It doesn't.
You only get extra hols after 5,15 and 20 years.
Sorry mate. :sad:
oh bum, i was thinking/hoping it was 10 for a while now, oh well. cheers anyway.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by Ricardo44 »

fed_up_postie wrote:Hi all, Ive received a letter from HR today regarding my 10 years service award pack, does anyone know what you get in this pack? I thought all you got was a pen and a certificate. :hmmmm
Hi I just joined this forum yesterday. I got my letter from HR about my 10 year service award back in April but still haven't got it.
Another lad in my office waited 2 years and when he got it it was covered in dust it had been in the doms office so long
:roll:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by dvbuk55 »

Ricardo44 wrote:
fed_up_postie wrote:Hi all, Ive received a letter from HR today regarding my 10 years service award pack, does anyone know what you get in this pack? I thought all you got was a pen and a certificate. :hmmmm
Hi I just joined this forum yesterday. I got my letter from HR about my 10 year service award back in April but still haven't got it.
Another lad in my office waited 2 years and when he got it it was covered in dust it had been in the doms office so long
:roll:
I'd done 13 years before I got the 10 year award. In fairness the 20 year award was on time.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Re: 10 year service

Post by deristrong »

My ex-father-in-law used to take the piss out of my Xmas bonus boasting of his Harrod's Hamper and big slap up do the Ritz. The company went skint and he was made redundant.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: 10 year service

Post by krussel »

deristrong wrote:My ex-father-in-law used to take the piss out of my Xmas bonus boasting of his Harrod's Hamper and big slap up do the Ritz. The company went skint and he was made redundant.

The higher you fly the harder you fall. :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........