ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Radio in you office?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
KDHULL
Posts: 31
Joined: 10 Jan 2011, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by KDHULL »

Bl**dy Chris Evans is worse than bl**ding Chris Moyles and all those dj's who say "hey it's friday , end of the week" :roll: :mad
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

blue1873 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.

Life and soul of the office EH! "dvbuk55"
if it's too loud.....your too old,buy a set
of ear muffs :silenced :silenced :silenced
Only mindless morons listen to music blaring out, nodding like a demented donkey to some beat or other.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

dvbuk55 wrote:
blue1873 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.

Life and soul of the office EH! "dvbuk55"
if it's too loud.....your too old,buy a set
of ear muffs :silenced :silenced :silenced
Only mindless morons listen to music blaring out, nodding like a demented donkey to some beat or other.

Must be into Roger Whittaker or something (sheepdogs?)
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by BoltonPostie »

i like music but the radio station that is on in ours is feckin terrible.
I'm convinced they only have about 20 records as you hear the same shite over and over again.
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by doorstepped »

The only radio station we can recieve properly is Magic FM.

and its soo easy to tell the time listening to it without even wearing a watch.

7:44 Adele
7:49 monkees - daydream beliver
7:52 queen - kind of magic
7:56 Jar of hearts
8:00 News
8:04 tracey chapman - fast car

same tunes at the same time every day, except around xmas time when they use the only other cd in the building
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by Stormproof »

It has to be RAdio 2, cant be listening to shite local radio stations with shite adverts, ,10 records in constant loop. Local radio + xmas = torture.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
tmac
Posts: 163
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 15:25
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by tmac »

We have Heart in our office which plays the same crap everyday Michael Jackson Whitney Houston
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well to all the sufferers of crap music/radio stations - switch it off. :cuppa
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by DGP1 »

skull wrote:
Just be grateful you don't have to listen to Chris Moyles it's bordering on mental torture. There again there is nothing in his show that distracts me from prepping. No good songs or interesting talk, just none stop waffle.
I like Chris Moyles............just enough to keep me distracted without compromising my work, plus I really hate adverts (major benefit of Sky Plus) and I'm not ready for the oldies station yet.


Although Fearn Cotton really makes me want to sleep......which isin't great when I'm a driving.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by fishtank »

I don't trust radio waves.
That's why i were my tin foil hat.
That and the fact that it suits me.

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:I don't trust radio waves.
That's why i were my tin foil hat.
That and the fact that it suits me.

Image
You've lost a bit of weight haven't you? :chuckle
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by ebbzie »

dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by dvbuk55 »

ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
But you do make up for everything in the naughty room :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8949
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: Radio in you office?

Post by blue1873 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:We have what was a state of the art CD/Radio/Intercom system when we had the fools gold money. If it is too loud when I walk in I turn it off at the mains - I hate loud music, or music of any kind in fact.
Bet your a bundle of fun on a night out
Do you drown kittens in your spare time?
A night out - how frivolous is that - I don't drink, smoke or go out with loose women, though only two of those are by choice. As for kittens, I'm ambivalent but dogs I like better than people.
So whats your favourite song then
"Hey there Lonely boy" :crazy: