ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Did you know....?
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Did you know....?
How many Managers are women?
-
NumptyBumpty
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 16:41
- Gender: Female
Re: Did you know....?
We already have plenty of people on term time only contracts so we are already doing it. In admin roles it's probably 50%, there are a lot of teams in HR which are more than 50%.fishtank wrote:If you were serious about it you could easily find a solution to issues like this.clashcityrocker wrote: And the summer holidays?
One solution might be banking days just like the wallington system to use during school holidays.
It needs a progressive,21st century employer...so it would be doomed from the start.
18% doesn't really mean anything though, how does that compare to similar physical jobs. If you compared it to the building trade then I'm sure it would be quite favourable. Compare it to midwifery it would not.
Lies, damn lies and statistics.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Did you know....?
There are 8 of us(FT) in a DO with 140+. We've just had a few part timers start on 3 month contracts, so another 4 more now.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Did you know....?
I don't think in this case that's valid.NumptyBumpty wrote: Lies, damn lies and statistics.
It's not a statistic that has been spun or tweaked or otherwise corrupted.
It's a fact....82% of our workforce are men,18% are women.
I simply asked why.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
foodforthought
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Did you know....?
because they've got sense that's why it's low
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Did you know....?
You've also got to think that not many women like the idea of trotting around the streets on their own. There are some areas I certainly didn't feel safe, but didn't feel I could say anything to the DOM because it was clearly safe enough for a guy to deliver there so why not a woman? However, I think the male posties probably handle strange blokes staring at them a little better than I do... That's if the strange blokes do stare at the male posties, I dunno! You've also got this "you could get mugged at any moment" paranoia drummed into you which doesn't help.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Did you know....?
But with Park and Loop they wouldn't be on their own.TeeferTiger wrote:You've also got to think that not many women like the idea of trotting around the streets on their own..
And they could go to the loo together......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
NumptyBumpty
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 16:41
- Gender: Female
Re: Did you know....?
In my office those strange blokes are called colleaguesTeeferTiger wrote:I think the male posties probably handle strange blokes staring at them a little better than I do.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Did you know....?
Not alone now maybe, and there were no toilets on the rounds I did!! lol Actually, that's a lie, there was a pub which was the designated listed toilet on my walk, but it was shut at that time of the morningclashcityrocker wrote:But with Park and Loop they wouldn't be on their own.TeeferTiger wrote:You've also got to think that not many women like the idea of trotting around the streets on their own..
And they could go to the loo together......
Oh, and there was an outside toilet in someone's garden I could use on another walk I covered a few years later... but I was told there was never any toilet roll in it apparently, so I never bothered even attempting that one.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Did you know....?
My local has been designated a toilet by most of the regulars.TeeferTiger wrote:there was a pub which was the designated listed toilet on my walk,
It's a bit rough...even by our relatively low standards.
On my delivery i have two pubs,three bookies,5 or 6 cafes,a library,a sports centre and a....public toilet although i would have to be desperate to use that at 20p for a....p.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Did you know....?
They don't let you use it for free?! That's one good thing about wearing the SJA uniform when on public duty, you get in places for free, including the 20p toiletsfishtank wrote:My local has been designated a toilet by most of the regulars.TeeferTiger wrote:there was a pub which was the designated listed toilet on my walk,
It's a bit rough...even by our relatively low standards.
On my delivery i have two pubs,three bookies,5 or 6 cafes,a library,a sports centre and a....public toilet although i would have to be desperate to use that at 20p for a....p.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Did you know....?
DGP1 wrote:Because it's a hard physical job and getting harder, would like to see how the numbers have changed since all the revisions started.
in 8 years we have gone from about 9 women in 75 staff
to 3 in 120 staff (amalgamate office)
one is DDA on a lighter duty,one works indoors,other is a grafter
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Did you know....?
Because females have ,on average a higher IQ than men ,and are less likely to piss in the streetfishtank wrote:I don't think in this case that's valid.NumptyBumpty wrote: Lies, damn lies and statistics.
It's not a statistic that has been spun or tweaked or otherwise corrupted.
It's a fact....82% of our workforce are men,18% are women.
I simply asked why.
Bye