A GP might not be aware that there are other duties that can be done that don't involve being out on the streets, carrying mail etc etc etc. If you said to the GP that there was work available that involved sitting down scribbling out addresses with a blue crayon, I'm sure even they'd agree you could manage that with a full hand in a cast, never mind a finger in a splintfishtank wrote:The question is April Tigger...do you ignore the advice of your own GP or do you ignore the advice of a "health advisor" from ATOS?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not generally one for siding with RM, but as long as light duties are discussed and the OP sticks to their guns as to what they can/can't do then I don't see a problem with going back to work with the injury described... providing the GP gives consent once they are fully aware of all the facts of what the light duties entail of course... otherwise that old "if I ignore GP advice and anything else happens RM won't cover me" chestnut comes into play... etc etc etc.