ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Closing gates

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Closing gates

Post by noggin1969 »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Robtor
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: Closing gates

Post by Robtor »

The forum is more a place for people to relax and have a natter about what they feel like, not to tackle your so called, "big issues".

And wow, have you ever been to school?
gunny3k
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 19:12
Gender: Male

Re: Closing gates

Post by gunny3k »

Abit OT but has anybody had a letterbox fall off into their hand? What did you do? :whistle
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Closing gates

Post by crazyshrew »

have had several letterboxes come off in my hand, i usually just drop em and scarper smartish!
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Closing gates

Post by arty_morty »

gunny3k wrote:Abit OT but has anybody had a letterbox fall off into their hand? What did you do? :whistle
Happened to me today :Very Happy I didn't here the doorbell so gave the letter box (one of those flimsy aluminium flappy things) a quick tap. It came away in my hand just as the lady got to the door. I got it back into place in the nick of time.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Closing gates

Post by DGP1 »

crazyshrew wrote:have had several letterboxes come off in my hand, i usually just drop em and scarper smartish!
Yep, some of them are just balanced on and the minute you touch them they clatter to the ground, not my problem if they have dodgy plates on.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Closing gates

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:have had several letterboxes come off in my hand, i usually just drop em and scarper smartish!
Yep, some of them are just balanced on and the minute you touch them they clatter to the ground, not my problem if they have dodgy plates on.
Last time I told someone they had a dodgy plate on my estate, they said "Crap" and moved their car ................
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Closing gates

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
crazyshrew wrote:have had several letterboxes come off in my hand, i usually just drop em and scarper smartish!
Yep, some of them are just balanced on and the minute you touch them they clatter to the ground, not my problem if they have dodgy plates on.
Last time I told someone they had a dodgy plate on my estate, they said "Crap" and moved their car ................
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle Good job you didn't tell them they had a dodgy box :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio