ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fed up

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fed up

Post by maisymoo04 »

teebs am not bein funny mate so dont take it the wrong way,our you a rep just askin :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Fed up

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maisymoo04 wrote:teebs am not bein funny mate so dont take it the wrong way,our you a rep just askin :Very Happy
Not an accredited rep - No. Just an activist who likes to stay informed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fed up

Post by maisymoo04 »

what would your view be on a office rep bein a D O M SUPPORT tricky :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Fed up

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maisymoo04 wrote:what would your view be on a office rep bein a D O M SUPPORT tricky :hmmmm
Depends entirely on the individual concerned not on their role in the office.

We have 3 DOM support staff one is active in the Union, another is a member and honours the strikes. The last one is as far as I know an ex PHG and not sure if he is a union member or not, or if he breaks the strikes.

Its not the job that people do that anyone should be concerned about in my opinion, but their actions and track record. I don't think even a members politics should be of concern, unless it goes against the core values of being a rep, anyone who is willing, capable and who has the support of the local members should be given a chance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Fed up

Post by clashcityrocker »

I doubt if an office would vote for a DOM support as a unit rep.
They've clearly nailed their colours to the mast. You can't be on both sides.
If a rep chooses to become a DOM support he should stand down or seek re election ( if he wants.)

Making a unit rep up as some sort of management is usually a way to castrate the union.
If he wants to take part in such a charade........
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fed up

Post by maisymoo04 »

i no were ye comin from clash,i thort the same aswell as a said tricky.and teebs answer is true aswell. :cool
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Fed up

Post by POSTMAN »

Whay does DOM support do exactly?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fed up

Post by maisymoo04 »

V pay , missorts,A plus,helps phg,sits down with the dim to do staffing,well in our place thats what they do.so really its the doms work.not bad £35000 year for doin nowt bein a dim.everyones prob different all over.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Fed up

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maisymoo04 wrote:V pay , missorts,A plus,helps phg,sits down with the dim to do staffing,well in our place thats what they do.so really its the doms work.not bad £35000 year for doin nowt bein a dim.everyones prob different all over.
Ours do the daily, weekly monthly, yearly reports that only require inputting figures, Overtime recording, pay, a plus, etc.

The DOM does all the other stuff which is ....................................... when I find out I'll get back to you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.