ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How embarrassing!!!!
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
Well sooner or later some blokes gonna hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.The last thing I want is a coupla of school girls walking round the corner just as Im er how can I put it? Shaking hands with the vicar.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
You take on extra water to remain hydrated not to over hydrate, if done correctly there should be no reason to urinate more.Dorset Plodder wrote:Vicious circle Boys and Girls. Bloody Hot weather RM tell you to make sure you drink enough, and then you need a Pee!
If you're on P&L then you are only allowed to leave your LWT out of sight for up to 1 minute without having to empty it. This means you either need to carry all the mail into the toilet with you or you'll need to be off your trolleys, down with your trolleys, unleash, release, reel in, pull up and return faster than Usain Bolt!Dorset Plodder wrote:I believe RM's position is, "Ask friends or family if you can use their toilet", that's OK if you live where you Deliver but how many of us travel to our DOs?
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
I have it on good authority that Royal Mail have come up with a solution to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
Thirst is a Bad Indicator of Hydration...If you feel thirsty then you're already De-Hydrated. You should be sipping through out your duty. I drink like a fish and may well go through 3 of 4 litres during a duty. I know I'm Hydrated because my Pee is clear.
You sound like you're giving the Text Book answer there Himaggen. I don't go down with headaches and I don't pull the old, "I feel dizzy I'll have to go home," trick. Everyone to the own.
You sound like you're giving the Text Book answer there Himaggen. I don't go down with headaches and I don't pull the old, "I feel dizzy I'll have to go home," trick. Everyone to the own.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
The most important thing to take note of is that if you go out on your duties in the heat and you are already dehydrated, then you're already fighting a losing battle. Never has it been more important to take a break before you leave the office.
@Dorset Plodder
Be careful if you are drinking that much water during your duty, I'd suggest that you also include something which replaces the lost electrolytes, especially sodium. With insufficient sodium your body will not be able to absorb the water you are taking on, and will simply pass through without hydrating you. This would leave your urine water clear instead of the more correct pale yellow.
@Dorset Plodder
Be careful if you are drinking that much water during your duty, I'd suggest that you also include something which replaces the lost electrolytes, especially sodium. With insufficient sodium your body will not be able to absorb the water you are taking on, and will simply pass through without hydrating you. This would leave your urine water clear instead of the more correct pale yellow.
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
Let's hope he doesn't have a Butchers shop on his walk thendvbuk55 wrote:Of course you do, tell me the P in DGP it isn't Portnoy by any slim chanceDGP1 wrote:If you're talking about THAT then I have to do it every 15 minutesmaisymoo04 wrote:RELIEVE YOURSELF DGPDGP1 wrote:Maybe it's just me but I can easily last 5 hours without needing to relieve myself but even then, you should be able to hold on for the 30/40 minutes it takes to finish a loop
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
this seems to be turning into NHS chat this topic 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8953
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
maisymoo04 wrote:this seems to be turning into NHS chat this topic
Urology and the need to keep hydrated for posties
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
Now your just taking the p_ _ _ 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
We could join 2 threads at this point - Office singing and peeing lets have a song
Urol Always On My Mind (a duet with Urethra Franklin)
Urol Always On My Mind (a duet with Urethra Franklin)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
Urine The Army Now - Status QuoTrueBlueTerrier wrote: Urol Always On My Mind (a duet with Urethra Franklin)
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
A PEE C 1 2 3 the jackson 5
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
ziko wrote:You can damage your prostate by not going to thr toilet at regular intervals. P&L guys you need to inform Health and safety.
That's what one of my pals told the poilceman who arrested him for pissing in someone's garden near Murrayfield after a Scotland rugby match,if only he'd got a scientific expert of the urinary system to testify on his behalf.........that might have stopped the judge from giving him a £60 fine!
-
capricorn
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 17:12
- Location: CHESHIRE
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
I open the side door of the van & use a RM water bottle.
Prostate probs means doing this upto 5 times a day.
NEVER take Lucozade out with you, I favour vimto
Prostate probs means doing this upto 5 times a day.
NEVER take Lucozade out with you, I favour vimto
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How embarrassing!!!!
So, am I missing something. They have a van... so either drive to nearest Public facility or go back to the office. 'Comfort' breaks are included in the delivery time (all right I am laughing at that) ... so take them and RM can sort out the problem.scoobydo79 wrote:Well,In the past if you you needed the toilet you simply hopped on your bike cycled to a convenient toilet ,used it and cycled back to where you left off.Reports are comming in of the non drivers in P&L needing to answer the call of nature not being able to find the driver and having to relieve themselves in foot paths and peoples gardens.One girl found herself having to squat in an alley!!!!Nice one Royal Mail. This jobs bad enuff with out putting us in this sort of situation.Forget P&L it is causing more problems than it is solving
It is absolutely no good in complaining that these things (peeing in the street) are in someway forced on us.. when the reality is that they are not.. Some people just choose to ignore it.
We are our own worst enemy.