ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How embarrassing!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2060
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by scoobydo79 »

Well sooner or later some blokes gonna hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.The last thing I want is a coupla of school girls walking round the corner just as Im er how can I put it? Shaking hands with the vicar.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by Himaggen »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Vicious circle Boys and Girls. Bloody Hot weather RM tell you to make sure you drink enough, and then you need a Pee! :crazy:
You take on extra water to remain hydrated not to over hydrate, if done correctly there should be no reason to urinate more.
Dorset Plodder wrote:I believe RM's position is, "Ask friends or family if you can use their toilet", that's OK if you live where you Deliver but how many of us travel to our DOs? :no no
If you're on P&L then you are only allowed to leave your LWT out of sight for up to 1 minute without having to empty it. This means you either need to carry all the mail into the toilet with you or you'll need to be off your trolleys, down with your trolleys, unleash, release, reel in, pull up and return faster than Usain Bolt!
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by RTP »

I have it on good authority that Royal Mail have come up with a solution to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Thirst is a Bad Indicator of Hydration...If you feel thirsty then you're already De-Hydrated. You should be sipping through out your duty. I drink like a fish and may well go through 3 of 4 litres during a duty. I know I'm Hydrated because my Pee is clear.

You sound like you're giving the Text Book answer there Himaggen. I don't go down with headaches and I don't pull the old, "I feel dizzy I'll have to go home," trick. Everyone to the own. :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by Himaggen »

The most important thing to take note of is that if you go out on your duties in the heat and you are already dehydrated, then you're already fighting a losing battle. Never has it been more important to take a break before you leave the office.

@Dorset Plodder
Be careful if you are drinking that much water during your duty, I'd suggest that you also include something which replaces the lost electrolytes, especially sodium. With insufficient sodium your body will not be able to absorb the water you are taking on, and will simply pass through without hydrating you. This would leave your urine water clear instead of the more correct pale yellow.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by Wessex »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
DGP1 wrote::hmmmm Maybe it's just me but I can easily last 5 hours without needing to relieve myself but even then, you should be able to hold on for the 30/40 minutes it takes to finish a loop :nervous
RELIEVE YOURSELF DGP :oops: :pray :pray
If you're talking about THAT then I have to do it every 15 minutes :nervous
Of course you do, tell me the P in DGP it isn't Portnoy by any slim chance :hmmmm :wink:
Let's hope he doesn't have a Butchers shop on his walk then :Very Happy
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by maisymoo04 »

this seems to be turning into NHS chat this topic :crazy:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by blue1873 »

maisymoo04 wrote:this seems to be turning into NHS chat this topic :crazy:
:hmmmm No doubt the next WTLL sessions will be on
Urology and the need to keep hydrated for posties :hmmmm
scoobydo79
Posts: 2060
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by scoobydo79 »

Now your just taking the p_ _ _ :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

We could join 2 threads at this point - Office singing and peeing lets have a song

Urol Always On My Mind (a duet with Urethra Franklin)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by wandle »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Urol Always On My Mind (a duet with Urethra Franklin)
Urine The Army Now - Status Quo
eian687
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
Location: south wales

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by eian687 »

A PEE C 1 2 3 the jackson 5
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by bunkerland »

ziko wrote:You can damage your prostate by not going to thr toilet at regular intervals. P&L guys you need to inform Health and safety.

That's what one of my pals told the poilceman who arrested him for pissing in someone's garden near Murrayfield after a Scotland rugby match,if only he'd got a scientific expert of the urinary system to testify on his behalf.........that might have stopped the judge from giving him a £60 fine! :d'oh!
capricorn
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 61
Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 17:12
Location: CHESHIRE

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by capricorn »

I open the side door of the van & use a RM water bottle.

Prostate probs means doing this upto 5 times a day.

NEVER take Lucozade out with you, I favour vimto :Very Happy
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: How embarrassing!!!!

Post by hampshireman »

scoobydo79 wrote:Well,In the past if you you needed the toilet you simply hopped on your bike cycled to a convenient toilet ,used it and cycled back to where you left off.Reports are comming in of the non drivers in P&L needing to answer the call of nature not being able to find the driver and having to relieve themselves in foot paths and peoples gardens.One girl found herself having to squat in an alley :oops: !!!!Nice one Royal Mail. This jobs bad enuff with out putting us in this sort of situation.Forget P&L it is causing more problems than it is solving
So, am I missing something. They have a van... so either drive to nearest Public facility or go back to the office. 'Comfort' breaks are included in the delivery time (all right I am laughing at that) ... so take them and RM can sort out the problem.

It is absolutely no good in complaining that these things (peeing in the street) are in someway forced on us.. when the reality is that they are not.. Some people just choose to ignore it.

We are our own worst enemy.