ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
-
crezz
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
fecking hell! 66k between you and you cant afford to pay back money that you owe!? 
-
gunny3k
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
Now why do I feel unsympathetic...
-
stephen500
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1460
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
We keep a family of four on £32000 a year. Spend between £80 to £95 shopping.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Darren Bent wrote:66 grand between you and you still struggle.
Think shes on about 46k before tax, and im on 20 before tax, so its 66k before tax, which is what ? a 1/3? So lets says around 46k a year. Mortgage swallows £20k of that. So thats 26k over the year. Thats £500 a week for the 5 of us , all in, including food/clothes/phones/sky/broadband/mobiles/holiday/car/loans/4 cred cardsbetween us/windowcleaner/haircuts/school fee`s/school dinners/dog food/birthdays/xmas/debt plan from past. Im sure there`s stuff ive missed too. It doesnt leave much to play with. lol
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
Window cleaner - LOLJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: /windowcleaner//school fee`s/
School fees - are the kids at a private school?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
What's so funny?clashcityrocker wrote: Window cleaner - LOL
I've got window cleaner as well...it was only £1.49 from tesco.

good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
Obviously JCL, it's your life and you'll live it the way you want but try and get rid of the stuff that's not important to you. Try and settle the bills that you're paying the highest interest on, credit cards probably.
The best lesson that I was ever given was by a monk who taught me to distinguish between 'need' and 'want'.
I stopped wanting crap that I didn't actually need. Life became much easier to bear after that and much happier.
The best lesson that I was ever given was by a monk who taught me to distinguish between 'need' and 'want'.
I stopped wanting crap that I didn't actually need. Life became much easier to bear after that and much happier.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
So you have the Adult Channels then JCLJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Sky is pretty basic as it is. I do watch most sports,infact its all I do watch. We get the sports package along with the basic package, and mutli rooms as I use the spare room to watch stuff.arty_morty wrote:How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
Voice of experiencedvbuk55 wrote:So you have the Adult Channels then JCLJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Sky is pretty basic as it is. I do watch most sports,infact its all I do watch. We get the sports package along with the basic package, and mutli rooms as I use the spare room to watch stuff.arty_morty wrote:How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
clashcityrocker wrote:Window cleaner - LOLJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: /windowcleaner//school fee`s/
School fees - are the kids at a private school?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
School fund.Indy wrote:State Schools just hide their fees..... "Contributions" I believe they call them.
Milk money.
Endless "Coffee Mornings".
Dress down day.
Dress up day.
School trips.
...and the best one yet...my teacher is retiring...we have to give £1 for a present.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
And a xmas present for the lollipop man/lady.fishtank wrote:School fund.Indy wrote:State Schools just hide their fees..... "Contributions" I believe they call them.
Milk money.
Endless "Coffee Mornings".
Dress down day.
Dress up day.
School trips.
...and the best one yet...my teacher is retiring...we have to give £1 for a present.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
You owe 200quid,and you can't pay it back on that joint income?I struggle to believe that.I got a mortgage and kids,live in a small terraced house,and we share a car.Money is tight,and i go without,so to be moaning about £200 seems a bit of a wind up.The whole world economy has gone tits up with people like you living on the never never.If you aint got it,don't spend it! 
same as it ever was...
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
- - - - and who are we to argue?hubbahubba wrote;
The whole world economy has gone tits up
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!
School trips? My son must have travelled round Europe twice with school trips, college trips, Uni trips and the nights out.................phew, I'm surprised he learned anything 