ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crezz
Posts: 78
Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by crezz »

fecking hell! 66k between you and you cant afford to pay back money that you owe!? :arrrghhh
gunny3k
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 19:12
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by gunny3k »

Now why do I feel unsympathetic...
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1460
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by stephen500 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:66 grand between you and you still struggle.

Think shes on about 46k before tax, and im on 20 before tax, so its 66k before tax, which is what ? a 1/3? So lets says around 46k a year. Mortgage swallows £20k of that. So thats 26k over the year. Thats £500 a week for the 5 of us , all in, including food/clothes/phones/sky/broadband/mobiles/holiday/car/loans/4 cred cardsbetween us/windowcleaner/haircuts/school fee`s/school dinners/dog food/birthdays/xmas/debt plan from past. Im sure there`s stuff ive missed too. It doesnt leave much to play with. lol
We keep a family of four on £32000 a year. Spend between £80 to £95 shopping.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by clashcityrocker »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: /windowcleaner//school fee`s/
Window cleaner - LOL
School fees - are the kids at a private school?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: Window cleaner - LOL
What's so funny?
I've got window cleaner as well...it was only £1.49 from tesco. :confused

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by arty_morty »

How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by Straight4ward »

Obviously JCL, it's your life and you'll live it the way you want but try and get rid of the stuff that's not important to you. Try and settle the bills that you're paying the highest interest on, credit cards probably.

The best lesson that I was ever given was by a monk who taught me to distinguish between 'need' and 'want'.
I stopped wanting crap that I didn't actually need. Life became much easier to bear after that and much happier.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
arty_morty wrote:How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
Sky is pretty basic as it is. I do watch most sports,infact its all I do watch. We get the sports package along with the basic package, and mutli rooms as I use the spare room to watch stuff.
So you have the Adult Channels then JCL :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
arty_morty wrote:How about reducing your Sky to the minimum service. If you're a football fan there's nothing to watch until August anyway. 3 months of that and RM will have their money back. Just as an aside to that a £200 debt seems, from what you've said to be quite low in your grand scheme of things. The best advice I can give is make a few sacrifices for a while.
Sky is pretty basic as it is. I do watch most sports,infact its all I do watch. We get the sports package along with the basic package, and mutli rooms as I use the spare room to watch stuff.
So you have the Adult Channels then JCL :cuppa
Voice of experience :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by Indy »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: /windowcleaner//school fee`s/
Window cleaner - LOL
School fees - are the kids at a private school?
:dance State Schools just hide their fees..... "Contributions" I believe they call them.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by fishtank »

Indy wrote: :dance State Schools just hide their fees..... "Contributions" I believe they call them.
School fund.
Milk money.
Endless "Coffee Mornings".
Dress down day.
Dress up day.
School trips.
...and the best one yet...my teacher is retiring...we have to give £1 for a present. :roll:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
Indy wrote: :dance State Schools just hide their fees..... "Contributions" I believe they call them.
School fund.
Milk money.
Endless "Coffee Mornings".
Dress down day.
Dress up day.
School trips.
...and the best one yet...my teacher is retiring...we have to give £1 for a present. :roll:
And a xmas present for the lollipop man/lady.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by hubbahubba »

You owe 200quid,and you can't pay it back on that joint income?I struggle to believe that.I got a mortgage and kids,live in a small terraced house,and we share a car.Money is tight,and i go without,so to be moaning about £200 seems a bit of a wind up.The whole world economy has gone tits up with people like you living on the never never.If you aint got it,don't spend it! :no no
same as it ever was...
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by Straight4ward »

hubbahubba wrote;
The whole world economy has gone tits up
- - - - and who are we to argue?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Advice needed guys - I owe RM £200!

Post by dvbuk55 »

School trips? My son must have travelled round Europe twice with school trips, college trips, Uni trips and the nights out.................phew, I'm surprised he learned anything :shock: