ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by NWpostie »

surely after so many failures, its time to stop.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by dblad »

Keep the vans, I'll stick to my bike.
davey k
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by davey k »

fishtank wrote:
nando wrote: Today Line Managers scared of culling asked them to go back to their bikes.
and they said.......? :cuppa
i keep reading about offices and bikes ye must have easy deliveries if bikes can be used our ffice has never seen bikes
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by fishtank »

davey k wrote:
fishtank wrote:
nando wrote: Today Line Managers scared of culling asked them to go back to their bikes.
and they said.......? :cuppa
i keep reading about offices and bikes ye must have easy deliveries if bikes can be used our ffice has never seen bikes
Don't quote me davey...we've never had bikes either.. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by Darren Bent »

What the job is like with bikes. Just asking.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by music4essex »

I use to do a delivery by pouch and walking ,
7 yrs ago went to another DO that used bikes and the terrain is very flat and it was a blessing after doing the job with steep inclines and steps,

After a few mishaps of overbalancing got used to it. and love it, but we are soon to be having Park N Loop so should be interesting

Essex mum :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bikes no thanks:

ImageGoing down hill is dangerous

Imageand Uphill is just too much hard work

Image and don't mention the snow. :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by fishtank »

I dug my "purely recreational" bike out yesterday and took it for a spin for the first time this year.
I've been walking like John Wayne all day.
It's back in the shed. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

fishtank wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:Believe me.You do not want park and loop.If I gave you the choice of walking six miles + or riding a bike for six miles+ which would you choose?.........................Exactly!!!!
We don't have bikes.
What would our choice be?
Walking for 4hrs with a bag on our back or using trolleys and a van.
And we are the majority. :cuppa
We don't have bikes either. We haven't had our revision but I walk for 4 hrs with a bag on my back often. I've done a duty with a HCT in the past and it was a pain in the arse (apart from the day I had it padlocked to a lamp post and lost the key, it was quite interesting although I dont think the Romec guy who had to come out at night to cut it off was very pleased). I don't fancy P&L either. I think the thinking behind this is that peer pressure will increase productivity. If you have a fast walker and a slow walker sharing a van one's going to moan that he/she does more work and the others going to feel that he/she is under pressure to speed up, either through guilt that he/she isn't pulling their weight or just to stop the other moaning.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Lovemoney
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
Gender: Female

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by Lovemoney »

I never use a bike in my walk before cause its not necessary, when I went to another office to do ot, that area all houses have a long driveway I find it much more easier using a bikes. :cuppa
slave
Posts: 433
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
Location: North West

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by slave »

I've used bikes in the dim and dark past, or should that read bright and light? anyway, they have their uses; main one being weight was on the bike not on my back (and before anyone comments, yes I know, security etc!)
And when the business was a service and we performed two deliveries it was easy to whizz round on a bike.. Now it's time to stop before I start crying about the good old days.

I do recall a laughable incident many moons back, it had snowed and been cold/icy and the DOM insisted we be driven out to the start of our deliveries with bikes in back of van (although I got bored of waiting and rode out), quite what difference it made once out on delivery will never be known, RM-Management logic, never fails to confuse!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays

Post by NewPostieUK »

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Huddersfield is very rural in parts. Beat this
Is that a challenge? :Very Happy

Looks like the M6 compared to one of the duties I cover.

I'll take some photos next time :Very Happy

Proper Rural: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqiYW9Xme3o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;