ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
surely after so many failures, its time to stop.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
Keep the vans, I'll stick to my bike.
-
davey k
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
i keep reading about offices and bikes ye must have easy deliveries if bikes can be used our ffice has never seen bikesfishtank wrote:and they said.......?nando wrote: Today Line Managers scared of culling asked them to go back to their bikes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
Don't quote me davey...we've never had bikes either..davey k wrote:i keep reading about offices and bikes ye must have easy deliveries if bikes can be used our ffice has never seen bikesfishtank wrote:and they said.......?nando wrote: Today Line Managers scared of culling asked them to go back to their bikes.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
What the job is like with bikes. Just asking.
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
I use to do a delivery by pouch and walking ,
7 yrs ago went to another DO that used bikes and the terrain is very flat and it was a blessing after doing the job with steep inclines and steps,
After a few mishaps of overbalancing got used to it. and love it, but we are soon to be having Park N Loop so should be interesting
Essex mum
7 yrs ago went to another DO that used bikes and the terrain is very flat and it was a blessing after doing the job with steep inclines and steps,
After a few mishaps of overbalancing got used to it. and love it, but we are soon to be having Park N Loop so should be interesting
Essex mum
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
Bikes no thanks:
Going down hill is dangerous
and Uphill is just too much hard work
and don't mention the snow.

Going down hill is dangerous
and Uphill is just too much hard work
and don't mention the snow. All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
I dug my "purely recreational" bike out yesterday and took it for a spin for the first time this year.
I've been walking like John Wayne all day.
It's back in the shed.
I've been walking like John Wayne all day.
It's back in the shed.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
We don't have bikes either. We haven't had our revision but I walk for 4 hrs with a bag on my back often. I've done a duty with a HCT in the past and it was a pain in the arse (apart from the day I had it padlocked to a lamp post and lost the key, it was quite interesting although I dont think the Romec guy who had to come out at night to cut it off was very pleased). I don't fancy P&L either. I think the thinking behind this is that peer pressure will increase productivity. If you have a fast walker and a slow walker sharing a van one's going to moan that he/she does more work and the others going to feel that he/she is under pressure to speed up, either through guilt that he/she isn't pulling their weight or just to stop the other moaning.fishtank wrote:We don't have bikes.scoobydo79 wrote:Believe me.You do not want park and loop.If I gave you the choice of walking six miles + or riding a bike for six miles+ which would you choose?.........................Exactly!!!!
What would our choice be?
Walking for 4hrs with a bag on our back or using trolleys and a van.
And we are the majority.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
Lovemoney
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
I never use a bike in my walk before cause its not necessary, when I went to another office to do ot, that area all houses have a long driveway I find it much more easier using a bikes. 
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
I've used bikes in the dim and dark past, or should that read bright and light? anyway, they have their uses; main one being weight was on the bike not on my back (and before anyone comments, yes I know, security etc!)
And when the business was a service and we performed two deliveries it was easy to whizz round on a bike.. Now it's time to stop before I start crying about the good old days.
I do recall a laughable incident many moons back, it had snowed and been cold/icy and the DOM insisted we be driven out to the start of our deliveries with bikes in back of van (although I got bored of waiting and rode out), quite what difference it made once out on delivery will never be known, RM-Management logic, never fails to confuse!
And when the business was a service and we performed two deliveries it was easy to whizz round on a bike.. Now it's time to stop before I start crying about the good old days.
I do recall a laughable incident many moons back, it had snowed and been cold/icy and the DOM insisted we be driven out to the start of our deliveries with bikes in back of van (although I got bored of waiting and rode out), quite what difference it made once out on delivery will never be known, RM-Management logic, never fails to confuse!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Park & Loop halted on Saturdays
NewPostieUK wrote:Is that a challenge?TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Huddersfield is very rural in parts. Beat this![]()
Looks like the M6 compared to one of the duties I cover.
I'll take some photos next time
Proper Rural: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqiYW9Xme3o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;