ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

blue shirts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: blue shirts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
grip lomax wrote:should this not be red shrits as most of us wear now ,i joined because they are the same clour as the greatest f1 team ever ( ferrari ) :cuppa
I don't cant stand the Polo Shirts - to constricting- I get oversize blue shirts a lot more comfortable.
We're not all fat bastards mate :wink:
:left: :left: :left: :left: :oops: :oops:
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: blue shirts

Post by pinstripe »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Where do you "Red Shirts" keep all your pens, sign for booklet, 739s/sorry I've cocked up cards/If you want to moan ring this number cards, I Pod/Radio and mobile? :crazy:
Have you never heard of trouser pockets? I wear a nice pair of navy blue cargo pants, 6 pockets on them, I even have room for a bottle. :whistle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: blue shirts

Post by DGP1 »

pinstripe wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Where do you "Red Shirts" keep all your pens, sign for booklet, 739s/sorry I've cocked up cards/If you want to moan ring this number cards, I Pod/Radio and mobile? :crazy:
Have you never heard of trouser pockets? I wear a nice pair of navy blue cargo pants, 6 pockets on them, I even have room for a bottle. :whistle
You're supposed to wear your uniform when you're in a customer facing role, so that would mean the standard grey trousers with the pocket on the wrong side :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: blue shirts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Fair point Pinstripe, but I'm one of the "Shorts Brigade" and because I wear Short..shorts (so I can get a nice tan!) I don't have enough room in the pockets. :angel

I have to keep my legs unencumbered so that I can stride out and try to go faster like my DIM's always telling me to. :whistle

I hear what you're saying DG, I believe they used to Inspect the Posties before they went out on the duties at one time. How do reckon most Delivery Offices would fare if they tried that again? :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: blue shirts

Post by DGP1 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
I hear what you're saying DG, I believe they used to Inspect the Posties before they went out on the duties at one time. How do reckon most Delivery Offices would fare if they tried that again? :hmmmm
:chuckle :chuckle but in my mind they're paying for it so I'm going to wear it, why should I waste my money on them. TBH some of the people in my office dress like they've just dug their way out of skip that they spent the night in (and a couple actually smell that way too :shock: ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: blue shirts

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Know what you mean DG. Had one Postie that kept horses, came in with a barbour on (that's a waxed-cotton jacket for you townies) covered in hay, with baling twine sticking out of the pockets. Horse s**t all up their legs! :shock: And they were going out to face the public! :no no

Admittedly that public were probably covered in horse s**t as well! :Very Happy :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)