I didn't claim overtime due to the polling cards. I claim overtime most days without them. None of my extended delivery was due to delivering them as I did 20% per day and delivered to the same addresses I was taking my 20% of d2d's to.fishtank wrote:Because you are already being paid on a piece work basis for the polling cards.NewPostieUK wrote:I don't understand this at all. You are being given extra work - polling cards. If you go over why on earth can't you claim overtime?
Even we can't argue to be paid twice for the polling cards.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tuesday overtime
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Tuesday overtime
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Tuesday overtime
If you have incurred overtime through normal pressure and not connected to the delivery of polling cards or election material then of course you should claim it and be paid it.Viewfindergeneral wrote: I didn't claim overtime due to the polling cards. I claim overtime most days without them. None of my extended delivery was due to delivering them as I did 20% per day and delivered to the same addresses I was taking my 20% of d2d's to.
If your manager refuses to pay you submit a stage 1 grievance.
Election week is not "free pressure overtime week" in Royal Mail as far as i'm aware.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Tuesday overtime
At our place for the last six weeks the 32.5 hr contracted staff have only been allowed to go in early and book it as overtime on Wed, Thurs , Fri and Sat but from next week they've been told they can't start early , full stop . This and the no payment on colleague shares is the last straw and I think the majority are going to hit back and believe me hit back hard , they will go in early for free and continue working through their brakes in the hope that RM senior management fold and see sence
.
On a more serious note , we have started to get walk sequenced mail so maybe things might work out
.
On a more serious note , we have started to get walk sequenced mail so maybe things might work out
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Tuesday overtime
I am not sure where you are coming from. Why would they go inearly for free and work their breaks in order to change Senior Managements minds?
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Tuesday overtime
He's being sarcastic!Lincox wrote:I am not sure where you are coming from. Why would they go inearly for free and work their breaks in order to change Senior Managements minds?
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Tuesday overtime
Thanks Belle, was having a senior moment.
-
belle smith
- Posts: 1557
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Tuesday overtime
no probs auld yin.Lincox wrote:Thanks Belle, was having a senior moment.
Thing is it sounded like he was describing my office but i guess they are all like that.