ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tuesday overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

fishtank wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I don't understand this at all. You are being given extra work - polling cards. If you go over why on earth can't you claim overtime?
Because you are already being paid on a piece work basis for the polling cards.
Even we can't argue to be paid twice for the polling cards.
I didn't claim overtime due to the polling cards. I claim overtime most days without them. None of my extended delivery was due to delivering them as I did 20% per day and delivered to the same addresses I was taking my 20% of d2d's to.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by fishtank »

Viewfindergeneral wrote: I didn't claim overtime due to the polling cards. I claim overtime most days without them. None of my extended delivery was due to delivering them as I did 20% per day and delivered to the same addresses I was taking my 20% of d2d's to.
If you have incurred overtime through normal pressure and not connected to the delivery of polling cards or election material then of course you should claim it and be paid it.
If your manager refuses to pay you submit a stage 1 grievance.
Election week is not "free pressure overtime week" in Royal Mail as far as i'm aware.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by skull »

At our place for the last six weeks the 32.5 hr contracted staff have only been allowed to go in early and book it as overtime on Wed, Thurs , Fri and Sat but from next week they've been told they can't start early , full stop . This and the no payment on colleague shares is the last straw and I think the majority are going to hit back and believe me hit back hard , they will go in early for free and continue working through their brakes in the hope that RM senior management fold and see sence :chuckle .

On a more serious note , we have started to get walk sequenced mail so maybe things might work out :pray .
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by Lincox »

I am not sure where you are coming from. Why would they go inearly for free and work their breaks in order to change Senior Managements minds?
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by belle smith »

Lincox wrote:I am not sure where you are coming from. Why would they go inearly for free and work their breaks in order to change Senior Managements minds?
He's being sarcastic!
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by Lincox »

Thanks Belle, was having a senior moment.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Tuesday overtime

Post by belle smith »

Lincox wrote:Thanks Belle, was having a senior moment.
no probs auld yin. :wink:
Thing is it sounded like he was describing my office but i guess they are all like that.