Wouldn't it be better to use her pouch to scrape the dog s**t off your wheels........?skull wrote:I've been Reading this topic over the last couple of days and thinking to myself , I haven't gone through dog crap for at least three weeks . Today my luck come to an end and getting back to the van there was dog crap all over one of the wheels . So for about four minutes ( yes 4 mins RM , sorry ) I'm on the grass verge dragging the wheel sideways trying to scrape it off. My stand-in P&L partner wont use a trolleyso on this one occasion she could smirk , I'll get my own back when she totters off groaning because of the weight she's carrying over her shoulder
![]()
.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Park & Loop LCTs
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
Pouch? Is this a euphemism?
I think she might complain eitherway.
I think she might complain eitherway.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
Prepare yourself for the naughty room............if postman catches your drift.Straight4ward wrote:Pouch? Is this a euphemism?
I think she might complain eitherway.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
That's a bit unfair mate - I have it on good authority that the testing involved two circuits of Billy Hayes tennis court with several carefully positioned pie crusts to simulate everyday obstacles. (In fact they ARE everyday obstacles on Billy's tennis court)dvbuk55 wrote:I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
Mind rhino I wouldn't have thought there was much crust left after chomper had his gob round it.rhino49 wrote:That's a bit unfair mate - I have it on good authority that the testing involved two circuits of Billy Hayes tennis court with several carefully positioned pie crusts to simulate everyday obstacles. (In fact they ARE everyday obstacles on Billy's tennis court)dvbuk55 wrote:I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Park & Loop LCTs
dvbuk55 wrote:
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.
it comes out there mouths these days so doesn't get on the wheels