ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park & Loop LCTs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by clashcityrocker »

skull wrote:I've been Reading this topic over the last couple of days and thinking to myself , I haven't gone through dog crap for at least three weeks . Today my luck come to an end and getting back to the van there was dog crap all over one of the wheels . So for about four minutes ( yes 4 mins RM , sorry ) I'm on the grass verge dragging the wheel sideways trying to scrape it off. My stand-in P&L partner wont use a trolley :crazy: so on this one occasion she could smirk , I'll get my own back when she totters off groaning because of the weight she's carrying over her shoulder :crazy: :crazy: .
Wouldn't it be better to use her pouch to scrape the dog s**t off your wheels........?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by Straight4ward »

Pouch? Is this a euphemism?

I think she might complain eitherway.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by dvbuk55 »

Straight4ward wrote:Pouch? Is this a euphemism?

I think she might complain eitherway.
Prepare yourself for the naughty room............if postman catches your drift. :whistle
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by rhino49 »

Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by dvbuk55 »

rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by rhino49 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.
That's a bit unfair mate - I have it on good authority that the testing involved two circuits of Billy Hayes tennis court with several carefully positioned pie crusts to simulate everyday obstacles. (In fact they ARE everyday obstacles on Billy's tennis court)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by dvbuk55 »

rhino49 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
rhino49 wrote:Dog mess is a real problem with them - the wheels seem to attract the stuff although you can avoid it transferring to the pouches by keeping the lid fastened as it is mainly loose straps and lids that have contact with the wheels. We keep a pack of antibacterial wet wipes in the glove compartment for our hands - but other than for instance, a stiff brush and a 4 pint plastic milk container full of water to give the wheels a quick rinse I think including a 15 minute s**t spotting allowance in each duty time is the only answer.
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.
That's a bit unfair mate - I have it on good authority that the testing involved two circuits of Billy Hayes tennis court with several carefully positioned pie crusts to simulate everyday obstacles. (In fact they ARE everyday obstacles on Billy's tennis court)
Mind rhino I wouldn't have thought there was much crust left after chomper had his gob round it. :chuckle
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Park & Loop LCTs

Post by axeman »

dvbuk55 wrote:
I just wonder what the H&S Department of the CWU was thinking about when they trialled these contraptions, still I don't suppose you get much dog crap on carpeted corridors.

it comes out there mouths these days so doesn't get on the wheels :nana