And women... Equal ops employer!dvbuk55 wrote:Of course they are, they are getting rid of the dead wood and making room for vigorous young menAprilaydee wrote:No but B&Q have a 20% discount card... although I know that they're not really taking on at the moment because they're looking to get rid of staff too.dvbuk55 wrote:We have two Tescos, a Morrisons, two Asdas, Sainsburys, Wickes, B&Q, I'm going to write to them all when I retire from Royal Mail next year, oh about June time, so I can keep working..................... it's a pity Wickes and B&Q don't have a lingerie departmentPOSTMAN wrote:Mate of mine got made redundant,managed to get a job in Tescos on a 30hr contract.
Ok not good but 30hrs in a warm (unless you work on the chilled section) building or the s**t our part timers have to put up with i know what i would go for.
Food (Pardon the pun) for thought for some of you part timers.![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I feel disgusted
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: I feel disgusted
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
Well I have to say that I don't want to disagree................. but women aren't really equal.............I know we men go along with it, but really it is only for a quiet life, deep down we think women are inferior in every wayAprilaydee wrote:And women... Equal ops employer!dvbuk55 wrote:Of course they are, they are getting rid of the dead wood and making room for vigorous young menAprilaydee wrote:No but B&Q have a 20% discount card... although I know that they're not really taking on at the moment because they're looking to get rid of staff too.dvbuk55 wrote:We have two Tescos, a Morrisons, two Asdas, Sainsburys, Wickes, B&Q, I'm going to write to them all when I retire from Royal Mail next year, oh about June time, so I can keep working..................... it's a pity Wickes and B&Q don't have a lingerie departmentPOSTMAN wrote:Mate of mine got made redundant,managed to get a job in Tescos on a 30hr contract.
Ok not good but 30hrs in a warm (unless you work on the chilled section) building or the s**t our part timers have to put up with i know what i would go for.
Food (Pardon the pun) for thought for some of you part timers.![]()
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: I feel disgusted
I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!
In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs
In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
With all that cleaning you do, I'd not be surprised if you've got some right filthy anecdotes and jokesAprilaydee wrote:. . . until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: I feel disgusted
No, I've just been working with men for too long! I've always worked pretty much in a male environment (car garages etc) so you sort of get used to it.taurus88 wrote:With all that cleaning you do, I'd not be surprised if you've got some right filthy anecdotes and jokesAprilaydee wrote:. . . until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs![]()
.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: I feel disgusted
I think it's also a bit of the McDonald's totty factor, when I worked there, I almost always ended up serving customers, alongside 2, 3, or 4 fit, young, pretty, talented, ( the talent was always located in the chest areaAprilaydee wrote:I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!
In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
Well I do see the logic behind that - lets face it if you have a quite pretty face with a.......... ahem, prominent chest asking if you'd like to go large....well I mean.........who could say nosmokerjim wrote:I think it's also a bit of the McDonald's totty factor, when I worked there, I almost always ended up serving customers, alongside 2, 3, or 4 fit, young, pretty, talented, ( the talent was always located in the chest areaAprilaydee wrote:I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!
In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs) happy, smiley girls, whereas all the bobfocs / butterfaces / crocadillapigs ended up in the kitchen or the prep area with the other guys....and you can't accuse the gaffer of being sexist, he was ( probably still is ) a botty bandit
( I think he sussed a pretty girl asking a guy if he'd like fries / drink / supersize / pie would be more successful than a girl with a "nice personality" )
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 though
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
What's not so funny Indy is that they do it every feckin week.Indy wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 thoughNow, dude that WAS funny!!
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I feel disgusted
I know, I know its hard to know wether to laugh or cry!dvbuk55 wrote:What's not so funny Indy is that they do it every feckin week.Indy wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 thoughNow, dude that WAS funny!!