ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I feel disgusted

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mate of mine got made redundant,managed to get a job in Tescos on a 30hr contract.
Ok not good but 30hrs in a warm (unless you work on the chilled section) building or the s**t our part timers have to put up with i know what i would go for.
Food (Pardon the pun) for thought for some of you part timers.
We have two Tescos, a Morrisons, two Asdas, Sainsburys, Wickes, B&Q, I'm going to write to them all when I retire from Royal Mail next year, oh about June time, so I can keep working..................... it's a pity Wickes and B&Q don't have a lingerie department :sad: :chuckle
No but B&Q have a 20% discount card... although I know that they're not really taking on at the moment because they're looking to get rid of staff too.
Of course they are, they are getting rid of the dead wood and making room for vigorous young men :angel
And women... Equal ops employer!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Mate of mine got made redundant,managed to get a job in Tescos on a 30hr contract.
Ok not good but 30hrs in a warm (unless you work on the chilled section) building or the s**t our part timers have to put up with i know what i would go for.
Food (Pardon the pun) for thought for some of you part timers.
We have two Tescos, a Morrisons, two Asdas, Sainsburys, Wickes, B&Q, I'm going to write to them all when I retire from Royal Mail next year, oh about June time, so I can keep working..................... it's a pity Wickes and B&Q don't have a lingerie department :sad: :chuckle
No but B&Q have a 20% discount card... although I know that they're not really taking on at the moment because they're looking to get rid of staff too.
Of course they are, they are getting rid of the dead wood and making room for vigorous young men :angel
And women... Equal ops employer!
Well I have to say that I don't want to disagree................. but women aren't really equal.............I know we men go along with it, but really it is only for a quiet life, deep down we think women are inferior in every way :nervous
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by TeeferTiger »

I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!

In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs :shock:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by taurus88 »

Aprilaydee wrote:. . . until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs :shock:
With all that cleaning you do, I'd not be surprised if you've got some right filthy anecdotes and jokes :wink: :wink:.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by TeeferTiger »

taurus88 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:. . . until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs :shock:
With all that cleaning you do, I'd not be surprised if you've got some right filthy anecdotes and jokes :wink: :wink:.
No, I've just been working with men for too long! I've always worked pretty much in a male environment (car garages etc) so you sort of get used to it.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by smokerjim »

Aprilaydee wrote:I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!

In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs :shock:
I think it's also a bit of the McDonald's totty factor, when I worked there, I almost always ended up serving customers, alongside 2, 3, or 4 fit, young, pretty, talented, ( the talent was always located in the chest area :chuckle ) happy, smiley girls, whereas all the bobfocs / butterfaces / crocadillapigs ended up in the kitchen or the prep area with the other guys....and you can't accuse the gaffer of being sexist, he was ( probably still is ) a botty bandit :left: ( I think he sussed a pretty girl asking a guy if he'd like fries / drink / supersize / pie would be more successful than a girl with a "nice personality" )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I just said they're an equal ops employer... just like every other company pretends to be!

In the store I worked in, the women were on checkouts or general customer service and the guys were on stock and the lifting and carrying etc... apart from my who was on stock and the lifting and carrying... but mainly working on my own because the guys were worried I go telling tales about their dirty jokes... until they found out my jokes were dirtier than theirs :shock:
I think it's also a bit of the McDonald's totty factor, when I worked there, I almost always ended up serving customers, alongside 2, 3, or 4 fit, young, pretty, talented, ( the talent was always located in the chest area :chuckle ) happy, smiley girls, whereas all the bobfocs / butterfaces / crocadillapigs ended up in the kitchen or the prep area with the other guys....and you can't accuse the gaffer of being sexist, he was ( probably still is ) a botty bandit :left: ( I think he sussed a pretty girl asking a guy if he'd like fries / drink / supersize / pie would be more successful than a girl with a "nice personality" )
Well I do see the logic behind that - lets face it if you have a quite pretty face with a.......... ahem, prominent chest asking if you'd like to go large....well I mean.........who could say no :angel
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by Indy »

dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 though :chuckle
:left: Now, dude that WAS funny!!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by dvbuk55 »

Indy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 though :chuckle
:left: Now, dude that WAS funny!!
What's not so funny Indy is that they do it every feckin week. :sad:
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: I feel disgusted

Post by Indy »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Indy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:£137 is like pocket money, I earned £650 this week.............................they only paid me £200 though :chuckle
:left: Now, dude that WAS funny!!
What's not so funny Indy is that they do it every feckin week. :sad:
I know, I know its hard to know wether to laugh or cry!