ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

finishing times walking posties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by gb93 »

By that got even quicker reponses than I expected.
Proved the point I was trying to make though, you can put any bull on here and people will fall for it.
In my opinion this is just a futile & divisive thread, more ammo for RM and the all posties are lazy gits brigade. :so there
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Postal1
Posts: 183
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:32
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Postal1 »

In work at 6am. first letter 10.00am, back at office 14.20. Bang on time.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by pinstripe »

In at 0630, out of office at 0835. First letter at 0850, last at 1220, straight home. Finish time is 12.30. Same as most days, some are easier than others, but no point rushing around.
guvenor
Posts: 493
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by guvenor »

start time today 5.45 first letter 10.05 last letter 13.50 pouch off 14.00
ooops nearly forgot last bag pt did on ot .cut off had enough of forced ot through convey
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

In at 0930, finish my own round at ~1535, claim untaken extra 10 mins meal relief on top for working past 5 hours.

Complete prep of cut-off I'm down to do as overtime, leave depot with ~66% trolley load at 1610, leave office at 1840 for home (having claimed my untaken extra 20 mins meal relief until 1900 for working past 9 hours).

And my long weekend off will be involve enjoying just my Sunday off, as I'm in Saturday and Monday... Ching, ching! :Very Happy
guvenor
Posts: 493
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by guvenor »

ah but the point is off your trolley your making your hours up to suit ft do not have choice
and you get long lie :evil/mad
pop it in pete
Posts: 351
Joined: 09 Jun 2007, 23:03
Location: lazy town

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by pop it in pete »

gb93 wrote:1st letter 8.55am Last letter 10.15
The norm for Ft in my area, We all laugh at the Pt still prepping as we go home :whistle
And here my fellow workers we have the main problem within Royal Mail. Lappsing, revisons, increase work loads. All down with fellow workers with this attitude. Lets hope its a wind up!!!!
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by gb93 »

pop it in pete wrote:
gb93 wrote:1st letter 8.55am Last letter 10.15
The norm for Ft in my area, We all laugh at the Pt still prepping as we go home :whistle
And here my fellow workers we have the main problem within Royal Mail. Lappsing, revisons, increase work loads. All down with fellow workers with this attitude. Lets hope its a wind up!!!!
Read the whole thread and you will get your answer.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gb93 wrote:
pop it in pete wrote:
gb93 wrote:1st letter 8.55am Last letter 10.15
The norm for Ft in my area, We all laugh at the Pt still prepping as we go home :whistle
And here my fellow workers we have the main problem within Royal Mail. Lappsing, revisons, increase work loads. All down with fellow workers with this attitude. Lets hope its a wind up!!!!
Read the whole thread and you will get your answer.

I'll make it easy for them
:Very Happy :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
NEmallard wrote:
gb93 wrote:1st letter 8.55am Last letter 10.15
The norm for Ft in my area, We all laugh at the Pt still prepping as we go home :whistle
What type of round do you have??? must be quite small
One in his dreams, I think he is fishing for bites, :left: or perhaps wants a flame war started. :no no
gb93 wrote:By that got even quicker reponses than I expected.
Proved the point I was trying to make though, you can put any bull on here and people will fall for it.
In my opinion this is just a futile & divisive thread, more ammo for RM and the all posties are lazy gits brigade. :so there
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by taurus88 »

Today:

first letter - 8.04am
last letter - 11.09am

Once I'd rode back, done my parcels, packets and write-offs, it was about 11.40. So ten minutes before time. Saturday's only serve to emphasise that it feels much better going out and getting the job done early. Everyone seems happy to see you, you get done by a reasonable time, and when you get home there's still plenty of the day to go. Most people work to their time because there's a bit more work to when you arrive in the morning. SAME EVERY DAY, PLEASE.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Martin Walsh »

Why do people get wound up about this issue , Royal Mail have for the last two to three years have sent out test letters with a trackers systems they know when it leaves or does not leave the mail centre and they know when it arrives or does not arrive in the delivery unit and they know when it leaves the delivery office and when it arrives at the address.

Delivery units which have not yet recieved the technology will be having this done soon.

They also target your last addresses on your round.

Do you really think Royal Mail dont know roughly what time people are finishing ?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by clashcityrocker »

How do they know when it arrives at the address?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by taurus88 »

It doesn't matter, plenty of posties do their round completely differently to on the fitting. The last address I visit on my walk is at the end of the third row (out of four full rows) on my fitting. So they'll think I finish a whole forty minutes earlier than I do.
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by Tank »

taurus88 wrote:It doesn't matter, plenty of posties do their round completely differently to on the fitting. The last address I visit on my walk is at the end of the third row (out of four full rows) on my fitting. So they'll think I finish a whole forty minutes earlier than I do.
Yeah mines in the first bag! 30 min round! I wish :dance
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: finishing times walking posties

Post by pinstripe »

Tank wrote:
taurus88 wrote:It doesn't matter, plenty of posties do their round completely differently to on the fitting. The last address I visit on my walk is at the end of the third row (out of four full rows) on my fitting. So they'll think I finish a whole forty minutes earlier than I do.
Yeah mines in the first bag! 30 min round! I wish :dance
I usually do mine in reverse. The last address on the frame is delivered first. According to RM, my delivery will take 7 seconds, allowing me plenty of time for lapsing then. :dance