ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where is our uniform ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by 2yearpostie »

Foxel wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 15:52
We were told they are no longer making the bags. :hmmmm

I know they now have inserts so you only need one bag, but I've seen less of them than bags and when they are filled it isn't easy getting them into the bag.

I normally go out with one bag (If I can find one) and the rest in trays. If only staff didn't hoard excess bags in their vans.
you need 2 for a lwt ( think im the only person to use one after a shoulder/back injury)
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by Foxel »

2yearpostie wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 16:15
you need 2 for a lwt ( think im the only person to use one after a shoulder/back injury)
I get moved about every day, what I have available to use differs. I do favour a LWT these days, what gets stuffed into a bag is dangerous.
I'm turning purple!
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by yubin282 »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 11:31
yubin282 wrote: ↑
08 Jun 2022, 23:11
ordered it 3 times since last summer, received nothing
Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
I only ordered the new uniform and haven't had any yet.
al64
Posts: 102
Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by al64 »

Our whole office got the new uniform a couple of weeks ago
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 15:01
All unit managers or COMs can authorise uniform over allocation.

Regional or national managers are not going to sift through uniform requests to decide if some bod in a DO should get a new pair of trousers.

That's a laughable idea.
I tried ordering some extra polo shirts over my allocation as part of an order. The polo shirts got cancelled and the manager that done it isn't a manager at the MC
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Maybe he'd read some of your posts on here?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by claretandblue »

Blue shirts no longer available :mad
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by eastie »

blue shirts all day
cant wear polo shirts as it makes me too bloody hot
Ali831
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
Gender: Female

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by Ali831 »

We all ordered ours months and months ago. New starters have it but the rest of us are still in the old stuff. Mine got so bad that approx 2 months ago I was able to order replacement shorts and a couple of polo tops from the old range and got sent it in approx 48hrs. DOM asked why was I ordering old uniform when the new stuff was on it's way. Well unless the new stuff arrives in a couple of days then I can't wear tops with holes in and shorts with a broken zip any longer and I've dragged them out for as long as I can in the hope the new range would arrive soon and it still hasn't!! At this rate the latest old style uniform I have will be worn out aswell.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by Seymour Buts »

The new uniform looks okay, but is cheap crap in reality. I'd keep your old stuff going for as long as possible as the new stuff will fall apart long before you can reorder will be my guess.
captain kaos
Posts: 48
Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 20:19
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by captain kaos »

Who cares looks crap anyway
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by k979aaa »

Sounds like the russian army all talk no equipment shells ammunition (I have plenty of that to come) and troops it's the same blood thirsty people who wage war who benefit from war and the destruction of a nation!
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by HTPostman »

We’ve got ours. Why they send one of everything I don’t know - we’ve now got piles of those stupid floppy hats, trousers (for those who wear shorts and vice versa), such a waste and I thought we were meant to be going green?

Early thoughts: As usual can’t wear the supplied trainers, there’s more support on a pair of flip flops! Don’t mind the red polos, seem a bit lighter than the previous ones. Not a fan of the jacket. Shorts are fine but....who decided to make the pockets smaller? Don’t know about the rest of you but I keep P739s and PDA in my pockets, now the PDA keeps falling out and the P739s get scrunched up in your pocket.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
zipmeister
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by zipmeister »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 11:31
yubin282 wrote: ↑
08 Jun 2022, 23:11
ordered it 3 times since last summer, received nothing
Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
What a load of rubbish, the COM can authorise any part of your uniform if you have used up your allocation.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Where is our uniform ?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

zipmeister wrote: ↑
20 Jun 2022, 06:56
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2022, 11:31
yubin282 wrote: ↑
08 Jun 2022, 23:11
ordered it 3 times since last summer, received nothing
Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
What a load of rubbish, the COM can authorise any part of your uniform if you have used up your allocation.
I ordered some polo shirts once over the allocation to have a couple of spares, the order had my line manager's name as the reference and the order got cancelled for:
Uniform item(s) you have ordered is/are below expected wear rate
Please advise the exact reason for early replacement, information provided is not detailed enough
The person listed as having cancelled the order wasn't any manager from the MC so would have been a regional manager