you need 2 for a lwt ( think im the only person to use one after a shoulder/back injury)Foxel wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 15:52We were told they are no longer making the bags.![]()
I know they now have inserts so you only need one bag, but I've seen less of them than bags and when they are filled it isn't easy getting them into the bag.
I normally go out with one bag (If I can find one) and the rest in trays. If only staff didn't hoard excess bags in their vans.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Where is our uniform ?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
I get moved about every day, what I have available to use differs. I do favour a LWT these days, what gets stuffed into a bag is dangerous.2yearpostie wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 16:15you need 2 for a lwt ( think im the only person to use one after a shoulder/back injury)
I'm turning purple!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
I only ordered the new uniform and haven't had any yet.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 11:31Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
-
al64
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 04 Sep 2008, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
Our whole office got the new uniform a couple of weeks ago
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
I tried ordering some extra polo shirts over my allocation as part of an order. The polo shirts got cancelled and the manager that done it isn't a manager at the MCWoody Guthrie wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 15:01All unit managers or COMs can authorise uniform over allocation.
Regional or national managers are not going to sift through uniform requests to decide if some bod in a DO should get a new pair of trousers.
That's a laughable idea.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16709
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Where is our uniform ?
Maybe he'd read some of your posts on here?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Where is our uniform ?
Blue shirts no longer available 
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
blue shirts all day
cant wear polo shirts as it makes me too bloody hot
cant wear polo shirts as it makes me too bloody hot
-
Ali831
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Where is our uniform ?
We all ordered ours months and months ago. New starters have it but the rest of us are still in the old stuff. Mine got so bad that approx 2 months ago I was able to order replacement shorts and a couple of polo tops from the old range and got sent it in approx 48hrs. DOM asked why was I ordering old uniform when the new stuff was on it's way. Well unless the new stuff arrives in a couple of days then I can't wear tops with holes in and shorts with a broken zip any longer and I've dragged them out for as long as I can in the hope the new range would arrive soon and it still hasn't!! At this rate the latest old style uniform I have will be worn out aswell.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
The new uniform looks okay, but is cheap crap in reality. I'd keep your old stuff going for as long as possible as the new stuff will fall apart long before you can reorder will be my guess.
-
captain kaos
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
Who cares looks crap anyway
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Where is our uniform ?
Sounds like the russian army all talk no equipment shells ammunition (I have plenty of that to come) and troops it's the same blood thirsty people who wage war who benefit from war and the destruction of a nation!
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
We’ve got ours. Why they send one of everything I don’t know - we’ve now got piles of those stupid floppy hats, trousers (for those who wear shorts and vice versa), such a waste and I thought we were meant to be going green?
Early thoughts: As usual can’t wear the supplied trainers, there’s more support on a pair of flip flops! Don’t mind the red polos, seem a bit lighter than the previous ones. Not a fan of the jacket. Shorts are fine but....who decided to make the pockets smaller? Don’t know about the rest of you but I keep P739s and PDA in my pockets, now the PDA keeps falling out and the P739s get scrunched up in your pocket.
Early thoughts: As usual can’t wear the supplied trainers, there’s more support on a pair of flip flops! Don’t mind the red polos, seem a bit lighter than the previous ones. Not a fan of the jacket. Shorts are fine but....who decided to make the pockets smaller? Don’t know about the rest of you but I keep P739s and PDA in my pockets, now the PDA keeps falling out and the P739s get scrunched up in your pocket.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
What a load of rubbish, the COM can authorise any part of your uniform if you have used up your allocation.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 11:31Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Where is our uniform ?
I ordered some polo shirts once over the allocation to have a couple of spares, the order had my line manager's name as the reference and the order got cancelled for:zipmeister wrote: ↑20 Jun 2022, 06:56What a load of rubbish, the COM can authorise any part of your uniform if you have used up your allocation.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑09 Jun 2022, 11:31Had you already used up your allocation? The authorising of uniform is done by either a regional or nation manager. No manager in any RDC, MC or DO has any say in the matter. Unless it's a safety issue any orders over your allocation will always be amended down to your allocation or cancelled
The person listed as having cancelled the order wasn't any manager from the MC so would have been a regional managerUniform item(s) you have ordered is/are below expected wear rate
Please advise the exact reason for early replacement, information provided is not detailed enough