ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wally11
Posts: 35
Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 18:58
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by wally11 »

People who think it's a good idea to paint their letterbox and for weeks it's stuck together.you near enough have to punch it open.that's were a nice thick magazine comes in useful..
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by p5aul789 »

Tinoblade wrote:The guy which pops his head out his window EVERYDAY and says “shut the gate”
Tell him if he asks nicely and in a polite manner, you might consider it! Otherwise, tell him to shut the gate himself!
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Xr4 wrote:There's a dog on a round I cover that without fail rips it out of your hand and tears into what ever you've posted. It it wrong that I quite enjoy feeding it delicate items?

Oh and everyday the owner shouts at it as it does it too and says not again! Would of thought they'd have the sense to put a box up!
I once put some photographs through a door, there was a cage but it seemed the lid must've been open and they flipped over and out of the cage as I put them through; I watched through the glass door as the dog totally destroyed these photographs! Felt guilty about it.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by LaggyBand »

Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.

I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts :speak to the hand
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

crimson king wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.

I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts :speak to the hand
Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cirensiren
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 May 2018, 00:08
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by cirensiren »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nothing really, well except for the various Zanussi, Hotpoint and Lec Garden Ornaments that are strewn everywhere.

- And of course the mouldy old sofa - :dance
cirensiren
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 May 2018, 00:08
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by cirensiren »

crimson king wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.

I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts :speak to the hand

That's soooo funny...Bandit land anyone?


Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.
MinTee
Posts: 82
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by MinTee »

Don’t have my own round, but often get shafted with non drivers and slow pokes on heavy duties.
Does having to put up with the managers bollocks when cutting off count?
annejohnson
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 18:25
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by annejohnson »

Rapidryan88 wrote:I’m new, so not much yet but the main thing is letter boxes that require two hands And the few houses I go to with the letterbox on the BOTTOM of the door.
All letter boxes at the bottom of a door should be banned because of injury to a Postman/woman's back. Other countries have banned these letter boxes. The UK should follow suit. When out delivering most of the day, these letter boxes are an absolute pain literally. BAN BAN BAN
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Acca Dacca »

Right now its these god forsake things

*picture from Google not a customer's door*

Image

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by LaggyBand »

That door looks really unhappy
Backstep2424
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Dec 2018, 16:02
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Backstep2424 »

When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Celgar »

Backstep2424 wrote:When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...
If you are going to try neighbours don't try more than two for any one item.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by crimson king »

Acca Dacca wrote:Right now its these god forsake things

*picture from Google not a customer's door*

Image

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
So far I've broken two wreaths attached to door knockers and have severed halfway through an electric cable that's threaded through a heavy metal letterbox that tries to take your fingers off at the best of times (it's running tree lights outside). :Applause

Not seen anything like in the picture yet but if I do, I bet it wouldn't last long either. :no no
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.