ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
wally11
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 18:58
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
People who think it's a good idea to paint their letterbox and for weeks it's stuck together.you near enough have to punch it open.that's were a nice thick magazine comes in useful..
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Tell him if he asks nicely and in a polite manner, you might consider it! Otherwise, tell him to shut the gate himself!Tinoblade wrote:The guy which pops his head out his window EVERYDAY and says “shut the gate”
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I once put some photographs through a door, there was a cage but it seemed the lid must've been open and they flipped over and out of the cage as I put them through; I watched through the glass door as the dog totally destroyed these photographs! Felt guilty about it.Xr4 wrote:There's a dog on a round I cover that without fail rips it out of your hand and tears into what ever you've posted. It it wrong that I quite enjoy feeding it delicate items?
Oh and everyday the owner shouts at it as it does it too and says not again! Would of thought they'd have the sense to put a box up!
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.crimson king wrote:The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cirensiren
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 01 May 2018, 00:08
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nothing really, well except for the various Zanussi, Hotpoint and Lec Garden Ornaments that are strewn everywhere.
- And of course the mouldy old sofa -
-
cirensiren
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 01 May 2018, 00:08
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
crimson king wrote:The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.
I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts
That's soooo funny...Bandit land anyone?
Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.
-
MinTee
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Don’t have my own round, but often get shafted with non drivers and slow pokes on heavy duties.
Does having to put up with the managers bollocks when cutting off count?
Does having to put up with the managers bollocks when cutting off count?
-
annejohnson
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 18:25
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
All letter boxes at the bottom of a door should be banned because of injury to a Postman/woman's back. Other countries have banned these letter boxes. The UK should follow suit. When out delivering most of the day, these letter boxes are an absolute pain literally. BAN BAN BANRapidryan88 wrote:I’m new, so not much yet but the main thing is letter boxes that require two hands And the few houses I go to with the letterbox on the BOTTOM of the door.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Right now its these god forsake things
*picture from Google not a customer's door*


*picture from Google not a customer's door*
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
That door looks really unhappy
-
Backstep2424
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Dec 2018, 16:02
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
If you are going to try neighbours don't try more than two for any one item.Backstep2424 wrote:When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
So far I've broken two wreaths attached to door knockers and have severed halfway through an electric cable that's threaded through a heavy metal letterbox that tries to take your fingers off at the best of times (it's running tree lights outside).Acca Dacca wrote:Right now its these god forsake things
*picture from Google not a customer's door*
![]()
![]()
![]()
Not seen anything like in the picture yet but if I do, I bet it wouldn't last long either.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.